Author Topic: Problems in the ladies' room  (Read 27063 times)

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
Re: Problems in the ladies' room
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2013, 03:33:31 PM »
I work with some people who think just the thought of being in a men's washroom is gross as they kind of assume all men are dirty as they tough their junk to use the toilet.  However, in my experience woman's washrooms can be nasty, much worse now than I remember as a child.  I had to do washroom checks at my teenage job and had to do the men's too and it was always pretty clean, it was the woman's room that we found all the nasty stuff.

It's not because they touch their junk, it's because some men miss. I've cleaned both men's and women's restrooms and they each have their own particular issues. The men's room is pretty clean from a paper standpoint, but often times the whole place smells of urine because guys miss the target, and sometimes you get visible puddles too. Women's restrooms increasingly have "missing" problems too as hovering has become more popular, but the big problem I encountered there was paper messes--paper towels and TP on the floor, pads and diapers not put in the trash, etc. Apparently some women tear off the first sheet of TP and throw it on the floor on purpose, figuring it's contaminated?  ::) I first heard of that a few years ago and it made a lot of messes make sense suddenly.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2013, 05:30:41 PM »
Even when they don't miss, they can splatter. Of course, that's maybe less so with urinals. And I think there's a stereotype that men will live with a bigger mess and aren't as fastidious as women, so they will let things drop and leave them, etc.

Re: the toilet paper:

I've discovered that the vast majority of restrooms that I think are icky are actually cluttered with little schnibbles of TP, or pieces people dropped because it ripped off too soon, etc.

I do my "service to humanity" thing and scoop them all up, and wow! The washroom looks fine!

o_gal

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2013, 12:12:09 PM »
For the odor question a page back.  I once worked with an obese woman who smelled okay generally but when she went to the washroom she had a kind of sweet BO smell.  It was bad and odd at the same time and maybe her urine just had a weird smell like it happens with eating some foods.  The funny thing was she placed a formal complaint that people should not be allowed to number 2 in the staff washroom but then her whatever it was smelled way worse than a number 2.

She's a SS for not wanting people to poop, but she may have a medical condition called Maple Syrup Urine Disease.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2013, 07:18:02 PM »
That's why I always use my foot to flush the toilet and use a paper towel to open the bathroom door.

Excuse me, you use your foot - the foot that was walking around on the bathroom floor - on something most people touch with their hands? That is gross, inconsiderate and rude. You are making everyone that goes after you to unwittingly touch something that is now a lot grosser than it was before you used it.

If you feel that the flush lever is too gross to touch, then use a tissue or toilet paper. Not your foot.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »
That's why I always use my foot to flush the toilet and use a paper towel to open the bathroom door.

Excuse me, you use your foot - the foot that was walking around on the bathroom floor - on something most people touch with their hands? That is gross, inconsiderate and rude. You are making everyone that goes after you to unwittingly touch something that is now a lot grosser than it was before you used it.

If you feel that the flush lever is too gross to touch, then use a tissue or toilet paper. Not your foot.

I bet most people use their foot.  But we will never know, unless someone does a worldwide poll.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2013, 07:32:29 PM »

I bet most people use their foot.  But we will never know, unless someone does a worldwide poll.

Well, I use my hand (and since it came up in the last thread about this, not the same hand I use for the restroom "paperwork")...or occasionally, my be-panted knee.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2013, 07:37:26 PM »
Before reading eHell, it never even crossed my mind that someone would use their foot to operate anything designed to be operated by hand.

Betelnut

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2013, 07:41:21 PM »
Before reading eHell, it never even crossed my mind that someone would use their foot to operate anything designed to be operated by hand.

Me neither.  It would never cross my mind to use my foot.
Native Texan, Marylander currently

menley

« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2013, 07:43:01 PM »
Almost everyone I know uses their foot! It's bizarre to me as I'm a bit clumsy, I think I'd probably fall into the toilet trying to flush with a foot. But one time I saw someone do it (they had opened the stall before flushing, which I also thought was weird) and commented to my friends at the lunch table... they all thought *I* was weird for using my hand.

Now I live in a country where, the way that the flush buttons are designed, it's not physically possible to use your foot. So I think I'm not the weird one after all :)

LeveeWoman

« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2013, 07:48:32 PM »
I am not putting my hand on any part of a public toilet.

Erich L-ster

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2013, 07:49:52 PM »
Count me as another foot flusher.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2013, 07:53:38 PM »
But why use your foot and make it worse instead of using some toilet paper? Sorry, I can't get my head around being so inconsiderate to others when there is a perfectly easy alternative. Specially since you will be washing your hands not a minute later.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2013, 07:58:02 PM »
But why use your foot and make it worse instead of using some toilet paper? Sorry, I can't get my head around being so inconsiderate to others when there is a perfectly easy alternative. Specially since you will be washing your hands not a minute later.

And the toilet's flushing anyway, so you can just chuck the TP in the toilet while everything else is on its way down.

LeveeWoman

« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2013, 08:07:03 PM »

I don't consider it inconsiderate at all because it would never occur to me that someone would touch it with her hand.

Edited to fix grammar.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:16:46 PM by LeveeWoman »

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2013, 08:37:06 PM »
If the flush handle is on the tank, I use my hand.

If the flush handle is on the wall lower than the level of the toilet seat and well behind it, I use my foot because it seems to me that's how it was designed to be flushed.