Author Topic: font spontaneously changing size  (Read 1072 times)

rain

font spontaneously changing size
« on: July 11, 2013, 04:32:19 PM »
 I'm having an issue - while reading threads the font will suddenly change from my original size to a tiny size, then shift back to the original size after a bit
In search of a tag line

cwm

Re: font spontaneously changing size
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 05:35:01 PM »
Is it within the same thread it's different sizes? Or the whole page changing until you go to another page? If it's the whole page, is this only happening on e-Hell? Or are other sites affected too?

Are you using a scroll wheel on your mouse to scroll through the page? If so, is it possible you're hitting a button on the keyboard at the same time? I know if I hit Ctrl and use the scroll wheel, it changes the zoom on the website I'm on while I'm at work (Chrome, Windows 7). I know there's ways to do it at home (Flamingvixen, Mac OSX), but I'm not sure the exact combination of keys.

Sorry, not trying to bombard you with questions, and I don't know anything about the back-end code on the site, but if it's something simple like your browser or buttons you're bumping and not realizing it, it's a simple fix. :)

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 06:19:36 PM »
rain, mine's been doing the same thing.  I'm glad to know it's not just mine doing it.

MrTango

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 12:18:35 PM »
It's been doing it for me as well, but only on the main "home" page.

This machine has Internet Explorer 8.0, if that makes a difference.

I haven't noticed any issues with Chrome or Flamingvixen at home.

rain

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 09:26:12 PM »
I'm using internet explorer

it can happen on any page - but it only happens to me on this forum (not any of the others I go to)

I'm using the scroll wheel on the mouse, and am not touching the keyboard (if I unknowingly touched one of the "click" buttons on the mouse could that cause the issues?)
In search of a tag line

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 12:56:01 AM »
I'm using internet explorer

it can happen on any page - but it only happens to me on this forum (not any of the others I go to)

I'm using the scroll wheel on the mouse, and am not touching the keyboard (if I unknowingly touched one of the "click" buttons on the mouse could that cause the issues?)

Yes, it could. That happened to me in IE as well. Ctrl-0 (that's a zero, not an o) should bring it back to normal.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 03:36:00 AM »
But we're not all doing that (that have posted here). It's something wrong with the forum itself.

lowspark

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 09:45:10 AM »
Yup, that happened to me too. In the end, it permanently stayed smaller on all the pages for this forum. So I changed my own settings under View - Text Size to "Larger".