Author Topic: Ridiculous things your parents criticize you about  (Read 89977 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Ridiculous things your parents criticize you about
« Reply #765 on: October 17, 2013, 07:20:13 PM »
Upon returning home from boot camp (marines) Dh ate like any second someone was going to pull the plate away from him.  We went to an Italian restaurant and he ordered the lasagna.  You should have seen the waiter's face when he returned and the lasagna was gone.  :o

He'd never seen anyone put away the whole thing before, let alone that quickly.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #766 on: October 18, 2013, 12:30:29 AM »
My husband talked about how at OTS, you only got this small amount of time to eat, and your whole table had to be ready before anybody could get any food, etc.  So sometimes they'd have run 5-10 miles that morning as well as various other activities, then they'd get to lunch, and they'd have *literally* 30 seconds with their food before they had to head out.  My husband stopped drinking with meals, because they would always allow you to drink water later (they didn't want anybody to collapse from dehydration).  And he'd pick which food item to start with based on how quickly he could get it down.  Sometimes people would choke (none seriously) from trying to get the food down so quickly.  It was almost always within about 2-3 minutes.  I think he said one time they had 10 minutes to eat, and he didn't know what to do with himself for the extra 5.

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #767 on: October 18, 2013, 03:20:30 AM »
I know that feeling.  I'm not quite up to Gilmore Girl speed but I do tend to talk quickly and trying to slow down makes me feel like I'm going in slow motion.

People talk fast on Gilmore Girl?  :o Granted, I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes, but it sounded like normal speed to me.

Guess I talk fast as well :)

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Cherry91

« Reply #768 on: October 18, 2013, 04:54:14 AM »
I know that feeling.  I'm not quite up to Gilmore Girl speed but I do tend to talk quickly and trying to slow down makes me feel like I'm going in slow motion.

People talk fast on Gilmore Girl?  :o Granted, I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes, but it sounded like normal speed to me.

They usually talk quite fast, yes, partly because the titular characters were lifelong coffee addicts.

I used to be able to recite Lorelai's "Writing a Letter - Inner/Outer Monologue" at full speed as a tongue twister. It always got a big laugh, mainly because the final sentence was "Hockey Puck, Rattlesnake, Monkey Monkey Underpants"

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #769 on: October 18, 2013, 07:49:56 AM »

They usually talk quite fast, yes, partly because the titular characters were lifelong coffee addicts.

Interesting... in that case, I'd probably say that Danes in general speak very fast, because most people I know certainly match that speed.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #770 on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:21 AM »
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IaadphJyy50

Strabane man. He is speaking English and I can understand every word.