Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Ideas for grilling vegetables

<< < (3/3)

Tini:
Little squares of pre-made polenta are nice browned on a bbq. I usually put parmesan in mine, but you could really experiment with other ingredients or seasonings. Chopped sundried tomatoes, bits of roast peppers or jalapenos...
The other thing I do for my sister is grilled bananas. Make little tinfoil parcels and add a bit of brown sugar and white rum. Nummy.

that_one_girl:
brush asparagus spears with olive oil, then grill
when they are tender, take them off the grill and drizzle with basalmic vinegar
yum!

Mikayla:

--- Quote from: Library Dragon on September 03, 2013, 03:01:54 AM ---I do onions in foil packs.  Drizzle with olive oil and add a few caraway seeds.  Yummy!

--- End quote ---

So yummy!  I confess to using butter, s&p when I do this.  The same applies for chunked baked potatoes.  My dad used to make these when we went camping.

My shish kebabs are pretty generic:  tomatoes (cherry work best), onion and mushroom.  I put olive or canola on them and s/p.  I've tried other marinades and veggies, but nothing tops this.

Dazi:
Thick slices of grilled tomato and whole portabella mushroom tops are SO fantastic...I like to put a nice slice of mozzarella between them...yum.  I also really love grilled asparagus. Pineapple too.    :)

Kabobs with different peppers, onions, mushrooms, squash, and  pineapple are so good...I put the cherry or grape tomatoes on a separate kabob and start those much latter than the rest since they don't take that log to cook.

sweetonsno:
Peeled, parboiled carrots can also be pretty fantastic. Brush them with oil and a hint of honey, then season with salt and cumin. (Bonus points if you toast the seeds and then grind them. It's good even without the bonus points.) Let them get all grilled and shrively, then squeeze on a little lime and dribble on more honey if ya need it. These are also nice with something spicy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version