General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

RG III wedding thank you notes

(1/2) > >>

siamesecat2965:
Since the start of football season is close at hand, I've been reading various news stories. Although I am a die-hard NJ Giants fan, I really like the Redskins QB, Robert Griffin III. Who got married this summer, and sent hand-written thank you notes to fans, who he didn't even know, who sent he and his wife wedding gifts.

Wow. I was blown away by what a classy move that was on their part! 

guihong:
I know all we see is Sunday football and what's reported, but he does seem a friendly, kind man.  His fans are crazy about him.  So glad to see this, too.

siamesecat2965:

--- Quote from: guihong on September 03, 2013, 02:42:44 PM ---I know all we see is Sunday football and what's reported, but he does seem a friendly, kind man.  His fans are crazy about him.  So glad to see this, too.

--- End quote ---

Yup. And according to info i found online, he not only graduated from HS early, but also college, early, and begain his master's degree. He will do well when his playing days are over.

kglory:
I am a HUGE lifelong Skins fan and a huge fan of RGIII!  He is such a class act in every way.  The way he acts, speaks, behaves -- he has a great work ethic, respectful, humble, and classy.

So it doesn't surprise me to learn that he sent hand-written thank you notes.  RGIII is the real deal.  He's the rare athlete you DO want as your kids' role model.

siamesecat2965:

--- Quote from: kglory on September 03, 2013, 07:43:16 PM ---I am a HUGE lifelong Skins fan and a huge fan of RGIII!  He is such a class act in every way.  The way he acts, speaks, behaves -- he has a great work ethic, respectful, humble, and classy.

So it doesn't surprise me to learn that he sent hand-written thank you notes.  RGIII is the real deal.  He's the rare athlete you DO want as your kids' role model.

--- End quote ---

I agree. He just comes off as a really nice, really sincere, humble person. And I say this as a die hard NY Giants fan :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version