Author Topic: RG III wedding thank you notes  (Read 3499 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
RG III wedding thank you notes
« on: September 03, 2013, 02:29:21 PM »
Since the start of football season is close at hand, I've been reading various news stories. Although I am a die-hard NJ Giants fan, I really like the Redskins QB, Robert Griffin III. Who got married this summer, and sent hand-written thank you notes to fans, who he didn't even know, who sent he and his wife wedding gifts.

Wow. I was blown away by what a classy move that was on their part! 

guihong

• Super Hero!
Re: RG III wedding thank you notes
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 02:42:44 PM »
I know all we see is Sunday football and what's reported, but he does seem a friendly, kind man.  His fans are crazy about him.  So glad to see this, too.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 03:17:02 PM »
I know all we see is Sunday football and what's reported, but he does seem a friendly, kind man.  His fans are crazy about him.  So glad to see this, too.

Yup. And according to info i found online, he not only graduated from HS early, but also college, early, and begain his master's degree. He will do well when his playing days are over.

kglory

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 07:43:16 PM »
I am a HUGE lifelong Skins fan and a huge fan of RGIII!  He is such a class act in every way.  The way he acts, speaks, behaves -- he has a great work ethic, respectful, humble, and classy.

So it doesn't surprise me to learn that he sent hand-written thank you notes.  RGIII is the real deal.  He's the rare athlete you DO want as your kids' role model.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »
I am a HUGE lifelong Skins fan and a huge fan of RGIII!  He is such a class act in every way.  The way he acts, speaks, behaves -- he has a great work ethic, respectful, humble, and classy.

So it doesn't surprise me to learn that he sent hand-written thank you notes.  RGIII is the real deal.  He's the rare athlete you DO want as your kids' role model.

I agree. He just comes off as a really nice, really sincere, humble person. And I say this as a die hard NY Giants fan :)

Mikayla

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 03:09:54 PM »
I am a HUGE lifelong Skins fan and a huge fan of RGIII! He is such a class act in every way.  The way he acts, speaks, behaves -- he has a great work ethic, respectful, humble, and classy.

Me, too!  Since this thread was started, he's been taking some hits in the media for the way he responds to the non-stop scrutiny, but I'd challenge anyone to do better at this kind of scrutiny.  He's not on reality TV begging for it - it just follows him.

LibraryLady

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 12:46:57 PM »
RGIII got married  >:( >:( >:(
There went my chance!!!
Doggone it.

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 10:51:32 PM »
I was born a Cowboys fan. I'm from Texas so I'm legally obligated to hate the Redskins but I have to say, I adore RG3!  (shhhh...!!!) 

Now that I live in DC, it's been fun to go see the Skins and the Boys play!  :))

Love RG3 but go True Blue!!!