Author Topic: Weird redirect/error  (Read 576 times)

Tea Drinker

Weird redirect/error
« on: September 05, 2013, 01:10:29 PM »
This is on the "Coffee Break" board.

There's a thread on ridiculous criticisms from parents. It's now up to 11 pages, according to the display. The first ten pages are readable normally. When I try to get to the 11th page, either by using "next page" from page 10 or by clicking on the "11" at the list of topics, I get a "file not found" from an unrelated site (one of those annoying ones that ignores the browser "back" button, so I have to pull down the list of recent pages and click on the one for EHell).

The URL I am trying to reach is http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=129815.150

What I am being sent to is http://www.entertainmentearth.com/item_archive/items/Buffy_Anyankas_Amu
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: Weird redirect/error
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »
Is the page you're getting redirected to one you've visited recently, either deliberately or accidentally?

My first thought is to clear your cache and try again.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 01:24:09 PM »
I just clicked on your first link with no issues.  So it just seems to be a little gremlin in there somewhere.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Tea Drinker

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 07:52:19 PM »
It might be partly a caching problem, but that part of EHell this morning is the first time I ever saw that redirect--either the URL it was pointing to or the image.

ETA: I just cleared the cache, and then went back to the Coffee Break folder. This time, I got a glimpse of what looked like an EHell thread page, and then the stupid "ha, ha, we don't have what you're looking for" witch picture reappeared.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:59:55 PM by Tea Drinker »

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 01:14:53 AM »
Ugh! I don't know what it could be, then - I've been following that thread and had no problems.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

cwm

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 10:13:30 AM »
If it's just literally that one page that won't load, you could always try changing your settings so there's a different number of posts on each page. I set it so I have 25 posts per page instead of 15, so I only see about 6 pages on that thread, and I haven't had a problem getting to any of them.

Also, you said you cleared your cache, but did you clear your cookies too? It sounds like you've got something redirecting your page that isn't at all associated with eHell, and that could be a bigger problem.

Tea Drinker

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 02:16:09 PM »
Thanks. I have just gone through and deleted a lot of cookies I either didn't recognize or didn't think I needed. (Now I have to hope it isn't weird lurking flash cookies, which won't show on the Flamingvixen list.)