Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Potluck

<< < (2/3) > >>

Oh Joy:
How about a simple but pretty fruit bouquet?  Just skewer different colors of grapes/melon balls/berries and serve in a low-height flower vase.  Or do caprese skewers with cherry/grape tomatoes and mini mozzarella balls or sliced circles of string cheese and baby spinach leaves.

Kaypeep:
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with blue cheese dressing for dipping.

I got the recipe here on Ehell but I can't find the link.  It wasn't in the recipe folder, it was actually part of a thread because the OP was mad that her husband shared the recipe with friends without asking her first.  At this point I don't even use the recipe from the site but but make it on my own, loosely it's about:

3 lbs ground chicken
1 large can panko breadcrumbs (seasoned)
3 eggs, beaten
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup Franks Red Hot sauce
chicken broth
3-4 stalks celery, chopped very fine

Mix ground chicken, breadcrumbs, beaten eggs together.
Mix 3/4 cup hot sauce and 3/4 stick melted butter together, and mix into meat mixture.
Add chopped celery.
Add chicken broth a little at a time, if mix is too dry/tough.  I've found adding the broth keeps the meatballs from getting too dried out.

Make medium sized meatballs and cook in oven on a cookie sheet at 350 for about 15-20 minutes.
When meatballs are done, mix leftover melted butter and hot sauce, then toss meatballs in sauce to coat.  (add more butter/hotsauce as you desire.  I usually make more sauce to coat if I'm bringing them to a party.)

Serve with blue cheese and celery sticks for dipping.

mandycorn:
Oh, I realized I have another potluck standard that's super impressive, but pretty simple. They form a whole greater than the sum of their parts!

Oreo Bonbons: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cookies/famous-oreo-bon-bons.html

When I make mine, i leave a toothpick in each, so they're easier to dip. I dip them twice in chocolate, freezing in between for a couple of minutes so they stay on the toothpicks, and then I sprinkle with the colored sugar you can find in the cake decorating section of the grocery store.

Hmmmmm:
We did these recently but you need about an hour in the morning before work.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sopapilla-Cheesecake-Dessert/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

If your interested in dessert search for sopapillia cheesecake. Swoon worthy.

Outdoor Girl:
The asparagus one reminded me of one that a friend's mother makes.

Take a slice of ham and butter it with cream cheese.  Then take a pickled asparagus spear and wrap the ham around it.  Cut them into bite sized pieces and use a toothpick to hold them together.

So simple but so good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version