News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• April 28, 2015, 12:03:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Things you love from other countries...  (Read 8670 times)

crella

Re: Things you love from other countries...
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2014, 05:54:57 AM »
Glacier Mints and Glacier Fruits from the UK. One of the local supermarkets carries them now, yay!

When I spent a year in Japan, one of my Christmas presents from my mother was a huge bottle of 'proper' sweet chilli sauce, because the stuff over there just didn't taste right. I also got hugely attached to a lot of tea sweets that we can't get here. I can find daifuku and yokan jelly here, but not harusame soup...

Just for the heck of it I looked around...

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=harusame%20soup

And I found a Japanese food section on eBay that sells it too! I never would have looked at eBay. Just search 'Japanese food' on eBay and a ton of stuff comes up. They carry harusame soup cups too!

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2015, 11:13:29 AM »
Being a Canadian, these are from USA that I try to stock up on when I go cross border shopping

Pop Secret Homestyle microwave popcorn
Milwaukee Pickles
Jack Daniels BBQ sauce
Downey potato chips (friend in Michigan gets them for me, we do a trade, I bring her Canadian chocolate)
Hershey Air
Hershey Symphony plain
Hershey Nuggets
Murray cookies
flavors of Hawaiian Punch singles that aren't available here
Funyuns
Snyder Butter snaps pretzels

From UK
Orkney fudge
UK Smarties (with orange flavored shell)
Cadbury buttons

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2015, 04:01:10 PM »
Finally found Bird's custard powder and bought a squeeze bottle of golden syrup as well!

maksi

« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2015, 04:13:54 PM »
Tapas! We have some Spanish restaurants in Finland (unfortunately only one in my home city), but what I miss the most is the variety... That you can eat patatas bravas out every day in a different place and they always taste a bit different. (And also I haven't found pimientos de Padrón here :( )

In Poland I had some amazing handmade chocolate. One had crushed rose petals in it and god, it was so good. Another one had almonds. Okay, now I can't stop thinking about them...

Promise

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2015, 04:51:46 PM »
Guarana from Brasil. Occasionally, I can find it in an international grocery store if I'm in a city or metro suburban area. But it's nonexistent here in the rural midwest.