A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

Do you have an electric kettle?

<< < (25/54) > >>

Lady Snowdon:
The only person I know of who owns a kettle is my grandmother (just the stovetop kind, not an electric one), and I've never seen her use it.  Neither my DH or I drink coffee or tea (I usually drink water or milk; even when it's -17 degrees out, I want cold water!), so it wouldn't be much use to us.  For those who do drink hot liquids, I can see where it would be a great thing to have!

Margo:
It's also handy for other things - I find it is quicker to boil water in the kettle than on the hob, so if I am cooking rice, or somthing else where you start with boiling water, I will boil it in the kettle and then pour into the saucepan, for instance.

I have to admit, I find it hard to imagine having a kitchen with no kettle. Maybe it's because we are a nation of tea-drinkers that we see it as so essential!

RingTailedLemur:

--- Quote from: Margo on November 26, 2013, 03:02:39 PM ---
I have to admit, I find it hard to imagine having a kitchen with no kettle. Maybe it's because we are a nation of tea-drinkers that we see it as so essential!

--- End quote ---

Yup it's part of the lifestyle.

Tea in the morning.
Tea while working.
Tea for an afternoon break.
Tea to warm up after a walk in the cold.
Tea when snuggling up with a book.

Oh, someone's at the door?  Put the kettle on!

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: RingTailedLemur on November 26, 2013, 03:30:35 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Tea in the morning.
Tea while working.

--- End quote ---

You know one of the things I like about tea, is it slows you down a little. It takes thought to brew a nice cup and requires a bit of patience. And for some reason brewing and serving a pot seems a little more elegant. But maybe it's because we don't drink it as often.

PastryGoddess:

--- Quote from: RingTailedLemur on November 26, 2013, 03:30:35 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Tea in the morning.
Tea while working.

--- End quote ---

I'm not British, but this is me to a T. Obviously I need to move to where my people are

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version