Author Topic: So you want me to pay more, when I've already paid less?  (Read 18627 times)

luvmyboys

Re: So you want me to pay more, when I've already paid less?
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2014, 08:40:10 PM »
Good for you OP!   I bought my wedding dress at a thrift store.  Can't see spending a ton on something I would only wear once.  That Mom should have kept her high maintenance issues to herself!

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2014, 03:15:13 PM »
So the wedding was this weekend. I'm not sure what was up with MOB, but she was super relaxed and friendly. Complimented my dress, very chill. At the reception she even took a spin on the dance floor with Partner!

Pregnant friend was in fact showing at the wedding. And her and bride had picked a lovely dress that allowed bump space and coordinated with ours. MOB told her she was glowing and asked lots of questions about how she was doing and if she was excited to be a mom. All upbeat happy questions, not prying noisy questions.

There were a few confused friends of MOB about us being engaged. Nothing rude, mostly "But...you're both women? Engaged to each other...?" and yes the "Like Portia and Ellen" trick did work! I'm gonna remember that in the future. After that was cleared up everyone was perfectly polite and wished us well.

Over all, nothing caught fire, no one got in a fist fight, the cops weren't called, and I only saw one girl in the bathroom crying. And she was 3. So in my book, excellent wedding!

There was an open bar. I'm think that might have contributed to MOB's high spirits for the night.

Goosey

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2014, 04:36:25 PM »
Glad everything went smoothly! I don't know how someone can be confused about two people of the same gender being engaged in this day and age.

P.S. I thought you got married? Was it in the Valentine's thread or am I misremembering?

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2014, 04:40:12 PM »
I think we might have been the first lesbians they met....not sure how that happens but it does! They were all very sweet about it though.

We got legally married, we're still having our big to-do wedding next year. And while we aren't hiding the fact we're married, we haven't really announced it either. So we still call ourselves engaged.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2014, 04:42:23 PM »
Glad everything went smoothly! I don't know how someone can be confused about two people of the same gender being engaged in this day and age.

P.S. I thought you got married? Was it in the Valentine's thread or am I misremembering?

That was the legal set up in the area of an elderly relative who could not travel (no public reception) - this was a public announcement of their intentions....

Not that common in their area - but not uncommon for their situation.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2014, 05:13:41 PM »

That was the legal set up in the area of an elderly relative who could not travel (no public reception) - this was a public announcement of their intentions....

You must be thinking of another poster.  Glitter's partner planned and executed the perfect small wedding around Valentines day.

Glitter posted about it at the time, I remember because I thought her partner sounded so sweet and I was amazed the friends and family managed to keep the secret.

'It'd been Partner's plan all along, so that my great-uncle could see me get married (since we aren't sure he'll still be with us next year), and she clued me in the morning we were leaving. She'd gotten her siblings to meet us out there with her mom, and my two best friends as well, my mom was already coming and my grandparents were already out there. Honestly, it was perfect. And we went out to eat at this Jewish deli afterwards, we had the brisket.'

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2014, 09:05:12 PM »

You must be thinking of another poster.  Glitter's partner planned and executed the perfect small wedding around Valentines day.

Glitter posted about it at the time, I remember because I thought her partner sounded so sweet and I was amazed the friends and family managed to keep the secret.

'It'd been Partner's plan all along, so that my great-uncle could see me get married (since we aren't sure he'll still be with us next year), and she clued me in the morning we were leaving. She'd gotten her siblings to meet us out there with her mom, and my two best friends as well, my mom was already coming and my grandparents were already out there. Honestly, it was perfect. And we went out to eat at this Jewish deli afterwards, we had the brisket.'

I had about six hours of sleep last night - so my brain may indeed be mixing up several different eHellions into one event.  No more caffeine with my evening meal...I'm not young enough to get by on six hours of sleep and the promise of more sleep "later".  I need my sleep on time...or possibly a little extra...

I just have an easy time getting to bed more than eight hours before the alarm clock goes off at 6 am.  I've been a night owl since I was six years old or so and becoming a lark at this date...would be unexpected.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?