A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

What is on your kitchen bench?

(1/8) > >>

Leafy:
In the toaster and kettle threads I noticed that several people mentioned that they would never get said appliance as they wouldn't want to waste the space on their kitchen counter/bench. This made me curious as the only electric appliance that stays on our bench is the kettle. All others; toaster, rice cooker, slow cooker etc are kept in the cupboard and brought out when needed. I understand this may vary for those in small apartments with limited storage.

So, what lives permanently on your kitchen bench?

Honeypickle:
As an aside, I would always say kitchen counter (British) whilst my NZ husband would always say kitchen bench!

But to answer, on the counter tops: toaster, kettle, juicer, knife rack, coffee machine, garlic pot, vitamins and supplements, fruit bowls, container of baby bottles, container of baby food, a wooden chopping board and a wooden salt box.

On the kitchen window sill live: 2 peace lilys, a pot of fresh basil, pepper and salt grinders, tea/coffee/sugar pots, bread bin, pot of change and children's sippy cups.

lady_disdain:
I have a tiny kitchen bench, so all that sits on it (and takes up most of the space) is the dish drainer and sink implements.

WestAussieGirl:
Toaster, kettle and Thermomix as far as appliances go. I also keep out the wooden chopping board, a knife block and a utensil holder with my most used utensils such as tongs and wooden spoon (I could actually probably throw out all the ones in the drawer).

Snooks:
Coffee machine, two utensil jars, microwave, knife block, rocking knife & board, tea/coffee caddys, sugar shaker, kettle, water filter.

We have quite a small kitchen so we don't own a toaster and the George Foreman grill, Magimix and stick blender live in the cupboards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version