Author Topic: Embarrassed I spent money onů..  (Read 17758 times)

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
Re: Embarrassed I spent money onů..
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2013, 03:29:15 PM »
I haven't spent money on this... yet... but has anyone seen one of those "breakfast stations" that combines a coffee maker, a hot plate to make eggs, and a toaster oven? I want to know if those really work. Its multi-tasking, yet still specific, nature mesmerizes me.

To me, this kind of thing is actually worse than a one-use item. Because... when the coffee maker part of it breaks (for example), you gotta buy a new coffee maker but your still stuck holding on to the old broken one since it's connected to the toaster oven & hot plate. Or you replace all three when one breaks which is pretty wasteful.

I was thinking the same thing. If one thing it breaks, more than likely you can't fix it, so your're stuck, and have to buy a single use item to replace that part.

Had not thought about that... Of course I only drink coffee at work and I don't even really like eggs, so if I had spent money on this, it would not only be embarrassing, but a possible sign of mental breakdown, I think! I just really want it, though. Maybe I should buy some more notebooks instead...
~Lynn2000

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2013, 04:07:43 PM »
I haven't spent money on this... yet... but has anyone seen one of those "breakfast stations" that combines a coffee maker, a hot plate to make eggs, and a toaster oven? I want to know if those really work. Its multi-tasking, yet still specific, nature mesmerizes me.

To me, this kind of thing is actually worse than a one-use item. Because... when the coffee maker part of it breaks (for example), you gotta buy a new coffee maker but your still stuck holding on to the old broken one since it's connected to the toaster oven & hot plate. Or you replace all three when one breaks which is pretty wasteful.

I was thinking the same thing. If one thing it breaks, more than likely you can't fix it, so your're stuck, and have to buy a single use item to replace that part.

Had not thought about that... Of course I only drink coffee at work and I don't even really like eggs, so if I had spent money on this, it would not only be embarrassing, but a possible sign of mental breakdown, I think! I just really want it, though. Maybe I should buy some more notebooks instead...

I'd go with the notebooks.  I'm also addicted to buying journals. 

padua

« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2013, 05:46:34 PM »
an immersion blender. never used it.

my mom gets suckered into buying things all the time. her latest purchase was this:
http://www.fitnesssuperstore.com/Power-Plate-Pro5-p/61ngg3100.htm?gclid=CL74zMj11bkCFSU6Qgodi0YA7Q
she bought it at a fair, because it's supposed to 'vibrate the fat away without having to exercise.' i think she's used it twice. very expensive mistake.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2013, 06:39:12 PM »
an immersion blender. never used it.

my mom gets suckered into buying things all the time. her latest purchase was this:
http://www.fitnesssuperstore.com/Power-Plate-Pro5-p/61ngg3100.htm?gclid=CL74zMj11bkCFSU6Qgodi0YA7Q
she bought it at a fair, because it's supposed to 'vibrate the fat away without having to exercise.' i think she's used it twice. very expensive mistake.

My sister told me she bought one of those and I laughed myself silly. I reminded her of our moms friend who had one of those 1960's era vibrating belt machines.

But I love my immersion blenders.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2013, 07:11:37 PM »
Pens.  I've got more pens than I do money or good sense.  Different colors.  Different types.  But pens.  I've also got a bunch of blank notebooks and a lot of blank diaries.  Rereading old diaries can be very interesting or very depressing.  I had one year where I wrote up three diaries because it was the only place I could safely tell the universe what I thought of the guy who dumped me for another woman.  And what I thought of the other woman.  Very therapeutic to come up with new adjectives.  Of course, once I met MR. Sirius I largely forgot the other guy existed. 

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2013, 08:43:36 PM »
Pens.  I've got more pens than I do money or good sense.  Different colors.  Different types.  But pens.  I've also got a bunch of blank notebooks and a lot of blank diaries.  Rereading old diaries can be very interesting or very depressing.  I had one year where I wrote up three diaries because it was the only place I could safely tell the universe what I thought of the guy who dumped me for another woman.  And what I thought of the other woman.  Very therapeutic to come up with new adjectives.  Of course, once I met MR. Sirius I largely forgot the other guy existed. 

I buy pens like they are water and still can't find one when I need it

katycoo

« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2013, 09:03:33 PM »
I used my immersion blender all the time.  Its my jug blender that never gets used.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2013, 10:45:34 AM »

I buy pens like they are water and still can't find one when I need it

Oh, pens! I currently have two stockpiled sets of a German type that are hard to find, a bag of assorted types (about 30 in there) and a bin of 100 fine line markers that only cost 10 USD.  What pen freak could resist that? 

poundcake

« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »

I'd go with the notebooks.  I'm also addicted to buying journals.

Oh God yes. And I'm not even ashamed. I have a huge stash of unusual notebooks from different countries. I like to get odd kid-notebooks from foreign places, too. And why not? They don't go bad, and I have my next three journals lined up and waiting for me.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2013, 12:58:10 PM »
Not embarrassed about my office and school supply stash at all!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2013, 06:40:45 PM »
Ahem. Just purchased tonight. a fourth drying rack. yes, you read correctly. i had one that was awesome, and i tripped, fell on it, and broke it. Got a replacement but not anywhere near the quality. had a second one i had gotten for chrismast one year but the design didn't work too well.

so i bought a huge one, spending a lot of money on it, but justified it, knowing i put maybe 1/4 of my stuff in the dryer and hang the rest.

so on a lark, looked online, and whadda ya know. foudn the same one. only almost double the price. Gulp. but foudn a coupon code, free shipping and voila, its mine. i really don't know though where it will go in my small apt! hahahahaa

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2013, 07:07:27 PM »
My husband desperately wants a heavy duty ironing board and a industrial quality sewing machine. We have nowhere to put them!

Carotte

« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2013, 08:09:41 PM »
Ahem. Just purchased tonight. a fourth drying rack. yes, you read correctly. i had one that was awesome, and i tripped, fell on it, and broke it. Got a replacement but not anywhere near the quality. had a second one i had gotten for chrismast one year but the design didn't work too well.

so i bought a huge one, spending a lot of money on it, but justified it, knowing i put maybe 1/4 of my stuff in the dryer and hang the rest.

so on a lark, looked online, and whadda ya know. foudn the same one. only almost double the price. Gulp. but foudn a coupon code, free shipping and voila, its mine. i really don't know though where it will go in my small apt! hahahahaa

Oh, that reminds me we have one, never used, in the back of a cupboard. We got caught by Ikea-oh it's so nice-frenzy, we needed (and still do) a new one, but it never crossed my mind to watch out for the actual size, new one is too big to fit (by barely one or two inches) , and I haven't found anyone who needs one yet.

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »
Let's start a pens/notebooks/office supply thread so I can get new ideas for things to buy and then be embarrassed about... ;D
~Lynn2000

Snooks

« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »
Just remembered one, although I didn't spend money on it.  Put a game on our wedding registry that requires four players - guess who doesn't have enough friends to play it?