Author Topic: Embarrassed I spent money onů..  (Read 18232 times)

rose red

• Super Hero!
Re: Embarrassed I spent money onů..
« Reply #180 on: September 23, 2013, 05:18:02 PM »
Since this thread started, I've been racking my brain trying to remember if I ever brought anything embarrassing.  I've brought things I regret, but nothing I'm embarrassed about.  Until I suddenly remembered I brought the Eggwave.  The egg shaped plastic container to make hard boiled eggs in the microwave.  A while after I got the things, it occurred to me I could have used any microwavable container.  And anyway, hard boiled eggs taste better when actually cooked in a pot of water on the stovetop.

portiafimbriata

• a.k.a. Mrs. Hexbane
  • I have an extradition treaty with all spiders
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »
Uh...these:

http://dtpmhvbsmffsz.cloudfront.net/posts/2013/03/12/513ff14a8ae4a005350147ea/m_513ff158df13a44dcd01d529.jpg

Every time I go to wear them I say "you are 35 bleepity years old - a wee bit long in the tooth to go teetering around in shoes best suited for a 20-something clubber!" (I don't actually believe this - I guess I'm just not brave enough to go for it). Thus, they remain in my closet - unworn.
The old man had all his own teeth, but only because no-one else could possibly have wanted them.
-Good Omens

CakeBeret

« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2013, 12:12:01 PM »
Uh...these:

http://dtpmhvbsmffsz.cloudfront.net/posts/2013/03/12/513ff14a8ae4a005350147ea/m_513ff158df13a44dcd01d529.jpg

Every time I go to wear them I say "you are 35 bleepity years old - a wee bit long in the tooth to go teetering around in shoes best suited for a 20-something clubber!" (I don't actually believe this - I guess I'm just not brave enough to go for it). Thus, they remain in my closet - unworn.

I wouldn't think twice about seeing those on anyone!
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #183 on: September 24, 2013, 12:22:17 PM »
Uh...these:

I think you're fine.  Put them on and strut

lowspark

« Reply #184 on: September 24, 2013, 12:22:52 PM »
I agree. They are cute! I think you should wear them. I'm way older than 35 and would have no trouble wearing those.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2013, 12:23:39 PM »
Since this thread started, I've been racking my brain trying to remember if I ever brought anything embarrassing.  I've brought things I regret, but nothing I'm embarrassed about.  Until I suddenly remembered I brought the Eggwave.  The egg shaped plastic container to make hard boiled eggs in the microwave.  A while after I got the things, it occurred to me I could have used any microwavable container.  And anyway, hard boiled eggs taste better when actually cooked in a pot of water on the stovetop.
This reminded me of my DH buying those stupid Eggies. You crack an egg into a plastic thinging shaped like an egg shell and then boil it like you would an egg in it's shell. Seriously, an egg comes with a perfectly good container for cooking, why add an extra step.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2013, 12:38:39 PM »
Uh...these:

My grandmother, who is most certainty older then 35, cheerfully rocks 4" (and sometimes higher!) club shoes (often in animal print, or gold, woman loves her gold). So I saw you slip those bad boys on and own it!

Carotte

« Reply #187 on: September 24, 2013, 12:52:31 PM »
This reminded me of my DH buying those stupid Eggies. You crack an egg into a plastic thinging shaped like an egg shell and then boil it like you would an egg in it's shell. Seriously, an egg comes with a perfectly good container for cooking, why add an extra step.

Well that sounds pretty stupid, even more than being a good container for cooking it's the best container for storing a boiled egg! I usually boil a few at a time and might store what I don't eat right away in the fridge for one or two days.
So unless you have a bunch of eggies and don't mind not being able to use them..

portiafimbriata

• a.k.a. Mrs. Hexbane
  • I have an extradition treaty with all spiders
« Reply #188 on: September 24, 2013, 03:02:48 PM »
Uh...these:

My grandmother, who is most certainty older then 35, cheerfully rocks 4" (and sometimes higher!) club shoes (often in animal print, or gold, woman loves her gold). So I saw you slip those bad boys on and own it!

Y'all are probably right, no one would think twice about seeing 6" metallic wedges in today's day and age. I'll just use the "past Labor Day" excuse now  ;D
The old man had all his own teeth, but only because no-one else could possibly have wanted them.
-Good Omens

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #189 on: September 24, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »

Two - you have to wash the thing afterwards as well.

KimberlyM

« Reply #190 on: September 24, 2013, 05:11:48 PM »
Embarrased that I spent my hard earned money on....

Milli Vanilli Concert tickets: 4 of them!!  ??? D'oh

I'll match your Milli Vanilli and raise a Billy Ray Cyrus... :-\

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #191 on: September 24, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »

Well at least the sounds coming out of Billy Ray Cyrus' mouth are somewhat on key....ummm...uh
...why am I defending that man?  I'm just gonna go sit in the corner now

mumma to KMC

« Reply #192 on: September 26, 2013, 01:44:45 PM »

Well at least the sounds coming out of Billy Ray Cyrus' mouth are somewhat on key....ummm...uh
...why am I defending that man?  I'm just gonna go sit in the corner now

The first concert I ever attended was a Billy Ray Cyrus one......hide me. I don't even think I've ever told my dh that one, I'm so ashamed by it. :)

I didn't pay for tickets though, it was a date. My bf at the time thought it would be fun to go to. It was horrible actually. He didn't sound like what he sounded like on the album for starters, but what I really remember was as soon as he hit the stage, everyone stood up to dance and sing along, so I stood up, so I could see. The women behind us started yelling at me for standing. I was 16, quite shy, and very embarrassed by that, so I sat down...and spent the rest of the night staring at the jeans pockets of the people in front of me. It was awesome.