Author Topic: Store bought pre-made foods that were/are surprisingly good!  (Read 4573 times)

BigBadBetty

Re: Store bought pre-made foods that were/are surprisingly good!
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 11:28:27 PM »
William Sonoma croissants are really good. They are better than most American bakeries. I also like Trader Joe's pizzas. They aren't like a good pizzeria pizza or homemade. However, they are on-par or better than mass-market pizza delivery chains. I also like R.P.'s pasta, especially the filled pasta. For anyone with Celiacs, R.P.'s gluten-free pasta is supposed to taste like regular pasta. I have never had it because I have no problem with wheat.

metallicafan

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 11:32:03 PM »
I have an Italian market called Caputo's near me and their deli has some really good stuff.  I've had their rotisserie chicken salad, sausage and peppers, lemon chicken, and vesuvio potatoes.  I also love this place because they are the only ones who consistently slice my lunch meat just the way I like it,  extra extra thin.
I could also go on and on about their bakery section..... ;D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:35:48 PM by metallicafan »

snowdragon

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 12:00:34 AM »

Wegman's dumplings. I cannot stop eating them.

I've never seen these are they in the hot or cold area? Are they like the Chinese Dumplings you get at restaurants?

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 01:18:23 AM »
I can't remember who makes them now - it's either Banquet or Marie Callender's - but along with their pot pies, they also make fruit pies that are absolutely wonderful. I haven't been able to find them for a while now, and I'm really craving the berry one!
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

Sebastienne

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013, 02:21:48 AM »
Trader Joe's orange chicken is a masterpiece, and it's painful that we now live in a TJ's-free zone.

caroled

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 07:14:05 AM »
Sam's Club rotisserie chicken...CRUD MONKEYS!, so good!

I just finished some of this for my dinner ( I work nights)
They are so moist and juicy and flavorful, and for the price $4.88 where I live it  can't be beat. I could not buy a fresh whole chicken for that price  and still have to cook it.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 07:23:03 AM »

They are so moist and juicy and flavorful, and for the price $4.88 where I live it  can't be beat. I could not buy a fresh whole chicken for that price  and still have to cook it.

Same price here and I totally agree.  If I bought a whole chicken of about the same size, the cheapest here is about $7.00, then I'd have to cook the darn thing.  No thanks.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

that_one_girl

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 07:30:24 AM »
Amy's brand and Kashi brand frozen meals are my favorite!

Also, my local grocer's has redskin potato salad that is to die for, and I normally will not touch any kind of potato salad!

veronaz

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 08:54:08 AM »
I can't remember who makes them now - it's either Banquet or Marie Callender's - but along with their pot pies, they also make fruit pies that are absolutely wonderful. I haven't been able to find them for a while now, and I'm really craving the berry one!

Marie Callender makes small fruit pies.

Redwing

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 08:55:38 AM »
I have an Italian market called Caputo's near me and their deli has some really good stuff.  I've had their rotisserie chicken salad, sausage and peppers, lemon chicken, and vesuvio potatoes.  I also love this place because they are the only ones who consistently slice my lunch meat just the way I like it,  extra extra thin.

Stouffers Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake.  It's fabulous!

Metallica, you must live in my neck of the woods.  Caputos is a local chain.

nayberry

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 09:31:50 AM »
In the UK we have Marks and Spencers, i love the cumberland pie! its a type of sheperds pie (beef tho and a nice crust on the mash topping)

costco's muffins as well nomnomnom

amylouky

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 09:36:53 AM »

MMM those are delicious! Actually I think Banquet and MC's both make fruit pies now. They're perfect! They still have them at Kroger in my area, and Walmart grocery store.

I've been buying frozen Gyro kits at Aldi's that are delicious. They come with 5 pita breads, plenty of meat strips, and the tzatsiki sauce. Enough for 5 sandwiches for $6.99.. we just add some lettuce and tomato. YUM.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 09:42:34 AM »

Same price here and I totally agree.  If I bought a whole chicken of about the same size, the cheapest here is about $7.00, then I'd have to cook the darn thing.  No thanks.

Coscto has the same thing; i think one is something like 3.99, and is much bigger than the much pricier one you get in the grocery store. 

for chicken pot pies, anyone near the Lancaster, PA area, or the general vicinity, Zooks chicken pot pies. Made by an Amish family; started out at home, and grew to a commercial operation. They are soooooo tasty; really homemade, and taste like it came out of Grandma's kitchen. I have 3 in my freezer right now! They make big ones, and smaller ones.

Trader Joes - veggie pizza burgers.

metallicafan

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013, 10:40:08 AM »

Stouffers Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake.  It's fabulous!

Metallica, you must live in my neck of the woods.  Caputos is a local chain.

Yes, your right.  I forgot to mention that part.  :)

metallicafan

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 10:44:04 AM »

In my area, I can find the mixed berry pie (if that is the one you are referring to) all the time.  It's the cherry pie that I can't find lately.