News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 22, 2018, 01:55:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Favorite fast food items that were discontinued  (Read 28710 times)

Optimoose Prime

Re: Favorite fast food items that were discontinued
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »
CWM, it may be just your McDonalds.  At ours, we may not get enough of the candy, but they are super thick.

:(  :-\

I've been to nearly all the McD's in town, and they're nearly all soupy-thin. Only the ones way too far away for it to be worth the drive isn't. This is at least six or seven in town that I've tried.

Still, I have Winstead's. That nearly makes up for it. And the Sonic Blasts, too.

It might be their distributer.  They thick here.

dawnfire

« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2013, 08:25:40 PM »
KFC- I think it was called a popper bowl. it had mashed potatoes, chicken poppers, corn and gravy

Mc D - this one comes and goes, it was called the New York bagel. it had bacon and an egg with a holindase sauce, served on a bagel.

I still miss sizzler and lone star steakhouse
Whittlesea Victoria

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2013, 10:41:02 PM »
KFC- I think it was called a popper bowl. it had mashed potatoes, chicken poppers, corn and gravy

They still have this at our KFCs -- it's called a Famous Bowl.

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2013, 10:47:37 PM »
The bowl at KFC is called a Chicken Bowl around here

FauxFoodist

« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2013, 02:24:09 AM »

Mc D - this one comes and goes, it was called the New York bagel. it had bacon and an egg with a holindase sauce, served on a bagel.

I still miss sizzler and lone star steakhouse

Okay, I have to ask (sorry if I already asked this question; it's late and I'm too lazy to check) -- why do you miss Sizzler? (I used to love going there for the lunch buffets 15-20 years ago because I love mashed potatoes and, even though they were instant, although I couldn't tell at the time, I'd go there and load up on mashed potatoes).  I still rate buffets based on how good their mashed potatoes are.

AzaleaBloom

• Help, I'm stepping into the twilight zone...
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2013, 05:47:37 PM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/17-items-fast-food-chains-205917721.html

Saw this article today and thought of this thread.  Then I wanted a KFC Snacker.

Kimberami

« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2013, 07:38:18 PM »
Not quite fast food, but I miss Quincy's (similar to Sizzler).  They served these big fat yeast rolls.  They even had a song about it.  Le sigh...memories.....
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

MagicEyes

« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2013, 08:21:08 PM »
I miss...Wendy's caesar side salad. It used to be good and I ate a lot of them, but they changed it a few years ago. Now it has a weird lemon caesar dressing and it has tomatoes and it's just not good any more. But at least now they have half size versions of the good salads, which are just right for me.

Taco Bell Mexican Pizza. I lived on these when I was in grad school.

Taco Bell Extreme Nachos. They had these one summer, and then extended it for a while. Those were the best nachos. They had a little well in the middle of the container with the toppings, so the chips stayed dry. And the chips were good, thin and crispy with some red chips, not the hard thick ones like the regular nachos.

KFC used to have much better mashed potatoes. I haven't been tempted to eat there very often after they switched to instant potatoes.

Another vote for the Arby's cheesy potato things. And I used to love the onion petals with the spicy southwestern sauce. Those little guys were really tasty. I'll stop going to Arby's completely if they ever get rid of the cherry turnovers. Also, this probably doesn't really count because it's a limited-time item, but last year they had a peppermint swirl shake that was amazing. It had some kind of red gel swirled inside the cup, and I don't know what was in it, but I just wanted to lick every little bit of that stuff out of the cup. The chocolate swirl shake they have right now is pretty good, but they're nothing compared to the peppermint swirl shakes. It took a lot of self-control to not get one of those shakes every week.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2013, 09:33:34 PM »
I'll stop going to Arby's completely if they ever get rid of the cherry turnovers.

I'm told Arby's uses the same Pepperidge Farm turnovers you can buy at the grocery store

Delta

« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2013, 11:37:18 PM »
The fried (not baked) cherry pied from McDonald's way back when. They were sooooo good - get then right out of the fryer and order a small ice cream cup with it and you were set.  The old McDonalds fries made with beef tallow.

I loved those cherry pies - also the strawberry rhubarb ones, and I cried when they stopped making McPizza. My friends and I all loved it. Also at Christmas they'd serve sundaes with this bright red candy-cane flavored topping that was to die for. I also miss their chicken fajitas - I used to get one for lunch every day up until they discontinued them.

BK Whaler sandwiches - they were huge - the fish they serve now is miniscule by comparison.

alkira6

« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2013, 09:17:18 AM »
Josta - the soda that no one but me liked.  I found some in Chicago a few years ago and bought it all.  I rationed those cases of soda like I was in a bunker with no ties to the outside world.

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2013, 10:28:53 PM »
Subway (or any sub place) seafood/crab subs! Now Mr Sub has gone and changed the formula for their seafood/crab mixture, and it's the consistency of tuna salad, not with big chunks of crab meat like it used to be :(