Etiquette School is in session! > "What an interesting assumption."

Partner used it!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Pen^2:
Congratulations! And what a fantastic use of the phrase! Being accidental makes it even better!

Also, I thought the glitter thing was just a random username you chose. But now I have a mental image where you're a kind of sugar-plum fairy with sparkles and twinkles, sprinkling glitter everywhere as you type :P

poundcake:
Congratulations to you both, and may you have many happy years ahead of you!

--- Quote ---We were giggling over how flustered he got realizing that he was implying one of us was the "man" and one of us the "woman", and then expecting us to conform to gender norms. How he arrived to the conclusion I'm the girly one I'm not sure. I do wear more purple and pink and of course glitter then she does, so maybe that's it. I was just excited she used the phrase!

--- End quote ---

I must admit, this kind of assumption angers me so much I might use a non-eHell-approved response. I'm very glad you didn't let it get to you, and that your excitement and happiness wasn't displaced!

Ida:
Congratulations -- on making good use of a perfect teaching moment! This guy started out voicing an interesting assumption, and blundered his way to knowing more than he had before, right there in front of Partner. The world is now a slightly better place.

Julian:

--- Quote from: poundcake on September 17, 2013, 06:21:33 AM ---Congratulations to you both, and may you have many happy years ahead of you!

--- Quote ---We were giggling over how flustered he got realizing that he was implying one of us was the "man" and one of us the "woman", and then expecting us to conform to gender norms. How he arrived to the conclusion I'm the girly one I'm not sure. I do wear more purple and pink and of course glitter then she does, so maybe that's it. I was just excited she used the phrase!

--- End quote ---

I must admit, this kind of assumption angers me so much I might use a non-eHell-approved response. I'm very glad you didn't let it get to you, and that your excitement and happiness wasn't displaced!

--- End quote ---

POD to Poundcake.

Firstly, congratulations!!  We're still struggling here in Aus to get the right to marry.  I'm happy for you both, even if just a teensy bit envious!   ;)

I ran into this when I was still with ExGF.  It got old.  I eventually resorted to 'If I wanted her to be a 'man', I'd be with a man.'

Iris:

--- Quote from: Julian on September 17, 2013, 07:47:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: poundcake on September 17, 2013, 06:21:33 AM ---Congratulations to you both, and may you have many happy years ahead of you!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

POD to Poundcake.

Firstly, congratulations!!  We're still struggling here in Aus to get the right to marry.  I'm happy for you both, even if just a teensy bit envious!   ;)

I ran into this when I was still with ExGF.  It got old.  I eventually resorted to 'If I wanted her to be a 'man', I'd be with a man.'

--- End quote ---

Heck, I AM with a man and I get annoyed with people expecting us to conform to gender norms:)

Congratulations, Glitter, I wish both of you the very best for the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version