News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 29, 2016, 09:39:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 528404 times)

Marisol

• with a parasol.
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2805 on: April 22, 2016, 12:29:31 PM »
I have smudged three times to absolutely no effect. I'm waiting on an order of Florida Water...if that doesn't work, them I'm officially stumped.

Florida water?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2806 on: April 22, 2016, 07:04:37 PM »
I have smudged three times to absolutely no effect. I'm waiting on an order of Florida Water...if that doesn't work, them I'm officially stumped.

Florida water?

Florida Water is a colgne that is very versatile to a practitioner. It's most commonly used to cleanse negativity.  It works well for cleaning/blessing a house when smudging has failed (if smudging and Florida Water has failed, you've got a very big problem). It can be used to cleanse a person or recharge stones.

http://www.luckymojo.com/floridakanangawater.html
https://www.originalbotanica.com/blog/florida-water-uses-rituals-spells/
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

KB

« Reply #2807 on: April 22, 2016, 08:24:42 PM »
Ooh, I had a fun experience last week. I work for the Trust in Melbourne and was working at this site, overseeing photography students and their models: https://www.nationaltrust.org.au/places/labassa/

Labassa is a gorgeous old place, very atmospheric, dark and a bit gloomy. Being on your own there, I always have the feeling I'm being watched and that someone (many someones?) are just watching to make sure I don't do anything I'm not supposed to. When there are a lot of people around, that feeling dissipates, and this was a big group of 20 students and about 15 models so lots of people.

Anyway Labassa has always been something of an artist's haunt. For several decades it was split into apartments that were mostly home to painters, sculptors, writers, etc, so I thought the house would probably enjoy having the photographers being very artistic (people wearing draped fabric down the stairs and tied up in ropes and all sorts of things).

I was sitting at a small table near the front door. The table had a glass top (one of the round small outdoor ones) and I was working on a laptop with my keys on the table next to me. I was watching a photographer set up the shot, thinking how much the house might have looked like this in the 1960s, when I heard a clink. I looked down and saw my keys move.

Then they jumped off the table (I actually saw them lift!) and landed on the floor.

One of the photographers looked round and saw them on the floor and laughed that "the ghosts must have done it".  :o

I certainly hope they enjoyed the show anyway.

AliciaLynette

• fanfiction.net: OrnateDragon
« Reply #2808 on: April 23, 2016, 11:09:29 AM »
Can't remember if I've mentioned it here or not, but when I started working at the petrol station I was told by the night lady that we had a ghost there.  No idea if it's true, but occasionally the topmost loaf of bread will fall off the shelf onto the floor.  It's probably gravity rather than a ghost, as the loaves are on a slanted shelf, and putting one loaf on top of another is always prone to having the top one fall off. 

Three weeks ago, this happened three different times during the night shift, and only stopped once I said (fairly crossly) "Please stop that George!* I've a lot to work to do without clearing up after you!"  But I also talk/sing out loud during my shift so I think he likes me, because I never get any other problems when I'm in!

*George is apparently the name of the ghost.
Children are natural mimics; they act like their parents in spite of every effort to teach them good manners.
Author Unknown

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #2809 on: April 24, 2016, 11:31:04 PM »
Can't remember if I've mentioned it here or not, but when I started working at the petrol station I was told by the night lady that we had a ghost there.  No idea if it's true, but occasionally the topmost loaf of bread will fall off the shelf onto the floor. It's probably gravity rather than a ghost, as the loaves are on a slanted shelf, and putting one loaf on top of another is always prone to having the top one fall off. 

Three weeks ago, this happened three different times during the night shift, and only stopped once I said (fairly crossly) "Please stop that George!* I've a lot to work to do without clearing up after you!"  But I also talk/sing out loud during my shift so I think he likes me, because I never get any other problems when I'm in!

If it's a petrol station it might be vibrational resonance from passing traffic causing the shelves to intermittently vibrate. I know an idling truck outside my house has caused my windows to vibrate to the point things stuck to the window popped right off. A smaller vibration might topple the unstable loaves.
It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)

AliciaLynette

• fanfiction.net: OrnateDragon
« Reply #2810 on: April 25, 2016, 01:57:43 AM »
Can't remember if I've mentioned it here or not, but when I started working at the petrol station I was told by the night lady that we had a ghost there.  No idea if it's true, but occasionally the topmost loaf of bread will fall off the shelf onto the floor. It's probably gravity rather than a ghost, as the loaves are on a slanted shelf, and putting one loaf on top of another is always prone to having the top one fall off. 

If it's a petrol station it might be vibrational resonance from passing traffic causing the shelves to intermittently vibrate. I know an idling truck outside my house has caused my windows to vibrate to the point things stuck to the window popped right off. A smaller vibration might topple the unstable loaves.

Could well be as we are on a main road with plenty of lorries passing.  Weird thing is, so far nothing has been passing 5 mins before/5 mins after the loaves falling every time they've done it when I'm in!!
Children are natural mimics; they act like their parents in spite of every effort to teach them good manners.
Author Unknown

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2811 on: April 25, 2016, 06:45:33 PM »
There is a very new spirit hanging around me (as in probably passed in the last few days, tops). I've felt its presence for a few hours. Just a moment ago, I caught a silhouette just to my right. I actually was startled for just a second.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

rose red

« Reply #2812 on: June 25, 2016, 09:53:55 AM »
This might or might not be anything. There's an older dog in my neighborhood that is often lying out in his front yard. I have never heard him bark at anything. A stranger, car, or other pets will pass by and he hardly lifts his head. So imagine my surprise when I walked past and heard him bark frantically. I thought it was at me, but he was looking intently at something a short distance behind me. I look back and there was nothing there.......or was there? ;) :o

TeamBhakta

« Reply #2813 on: June 25, 2016, 07:44:04 PM »
This might or might not be anything. There's an older dog in my neighborhood that is often lying out in his front yard. I have never heard him bark at anything. A stranger, car, or other pets will pass by and he hardly lifts his head. So imagine my surprise when I walked past and heard him bark frantically. I thought it was at me, but he was looking intently at something a short distance behind me. I look back and there was nothing there.......or was there? ;) :o

Maybe it's good old Rip from The Twilight Zone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunt_(The_Twilight_Zone)

Gladly

« Reply #2814 on: June 29, 2016, 04:44:44 AM »
When I was small we had a dog who would watch someone/something cross the living room.  It would happen about once  every couple of months.  He didn't bark at it, but would stand up and watch very intently, with his ears pricked, and his head would follow the thing from my parents' bedroom door, right across the room, to the door to the kitchen.  He would stare at that door for a few moments, then lose interest.  The small-child-me just found it interesting, but it really freaked my mother!

TeamBhakta

« Reply #2815 on: July 24, 2016, 05:11:42 PM »
I left my sturdy soft sided cooler on the kitchen counter after washing it. About an hour later, I was sitting with my back to the kitchen & heard a very loud sound. It was like someone took a full, heavy cardboard box & slammed it down super hard. Went into the kitchen to see what happened. Nothing was out of place, except the cooler was thrown across the floor  ??? I tried recreating the sound by tossing & dropping the cooler, but it only made crinkyly vinyl sounds