News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• September 03, 2015, 06:53:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spinsters' Club Support Thread  (Read 120346 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: Spinsters' Club Support Thread
« Reply #885 on: June 02, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »
That is awesome outdoor girl!!!

Hope it works out. We know you'll keep us posted!

Just be happy.

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #886 on: June 02, 2015, 01:31:14 PM »
Congrats, Outdoor Girl! I remember your posts here, and whenever you mentioned your boyfriend in other threads I got a little smile on my face, glad it was going well for you. :)
~Lynn2000

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #887 on: June 02, 2015, 02:37:02 PM »
Thanks, everyone.   :)
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Ginger G

« Reply #888 on: June 02, 2015, 03:13:16 PM »
That's great Outdoor Girl, I'm happy for you!  I started dating my DH when I was almost 41 and we got married when I was 46 (one and a half years ago).  I had pretty much given up on finding anybody that was compatible for me for the long run, so I thought I would be in the spinsters club for life (not that there's anything wrong with that).  Anyway, best wishes to you and your guy!

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #889 on: June 02, 2015, 03:22:15 PM »
I've put my dating life on hold until I'm sure about a potential change coming up at work that will significantly affect my schedule.  I'm so busy anyway I'm not sure when I'd be able to go out on dates!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #890 on: August 21, 2015, 02:40:26 PM »
Bumping to say...

Today is the 6 month anniversary of our first date.  We've had to postpone celebrating for logistical reasons but plan on a nice dinner out on the Labour Day weekend.

We still have yet to have any sort of a fight.  Barely even any mild disagreements.  We both have tempers so it's weird that there have been no issues that way.  And a bit of a relief.  Nice, calm, rational conversation beats yelling any day.  Even for someone who *likes* to yell sometimes.  (That would be me.)

Still talking long term but he has to get divorced before anything can happen, though there are some preliminary things we can do.  His ex is dragging her feet and has unrealistic expectations of what she should receive in support and in the division of assets so that's stressing him out but not stressing our relationship.  But she's apparently talking about moving back to her hometown so that may hurry the process along a little so she can get everything finalized before she goes.

I've been helping him help out his parents.  They have a wood burning furnace and so have to get the wood in and under cover so it's good and dry before winter.  We did most of it the first weekend in August.  I think his parents will be really mad at him if we ever break up.   ;D
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Nikko-chan

« Reply #891 on: August 21, 2015, 02:56:49 PM »
Awesome update!

greencat

« Reply #892 on: August 21, 2015, 03:27:22 PM »
I've also un-spinstered lately!  We've been dating two and a half months...and I could not have special ordered someone more perfect for me.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #893 on: August 21, 2015, 03:32:08 PM »
Awesome.

Comes when you least expect it, doesn't it?  Though I wish it could have come around 10 to 20 years earlier...  :)
Ontario

greencat

« Reply #894 on: August 21, 2015, 03:38:08 PM »
I had actually stopped trying to date when a mutual friend started inviting him out to our big group outings.  He wasn't initially looking to date either but we really hit it off and both decided we didn't want to be single anymore.  I did everything short of hiring a skywriter to make sure he got the message that I was interested in him  ;)