News:

• February 25, 2018, 10:04:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ideas for DH's 60th Birthday  (Read 1320 times)

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
Re: Ideas for DH's 60th Birthday
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2018, 04:16:49 PM »
Progress is being made. :)

We will have a smallish gathering at the pub that is the watering hole for our friends (20/30 people). The daughter of a friend of ours is a fantastic pastry chef and I'm hiring her to make the only desserts DH likes...pecan pie and key lime pie (no birthday cake; he dislikes cake). It may turn into a bunch of mini pies; we are still talking about options.

Also, hubby is friends with a local musician. I'm going to try to arrange for him to play for a little while at the pub, and then join the party when he's finished.

The best part? His only living brother is going to come from out of state! He's going to show up at the pub a little before we get there. DH will be thrilled!

This is going to be great.

And I love the idea of having out of town folks record a video birthday message! There is a big screen TV at the pub and I could have them looping in the background!

Keep the ideas coming!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

PennyandPleased

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 04:40:48 PM »
It looks like you have things covered.

But... in case you want another idea...

What about some kind of "cook-off" contest with a close group of friends? Like a chili cook-off or meatball cook-off (or what ever you like). Every one who wants to enter, brings their best version of chili/meatballs/etc. Then everyone tries each submission and votes on their favorite (no voting for your own!). You can have silly prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

We've done a few of these with a group of my friends and they are a blast!! Lots of smack talk and bragging. haha!

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 06:56:37 PM »
Yes, I definitely still want ideas! There are a lot of creative people here on EHell who can come up with great ideas that would never occur to me.  ;D

I'm going to think about your idea, PennyandPleased, and see if I can think of a way that would work with my group of friends. They are a fun bunch but not especially into cooking, but there might be something that I can come up with in that vein. Thank you!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!