News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 03, 2016, 04:18:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Calling all "hot" women! (menopause advice needed)  (Read 1129 times)

amandaelizabeth

• Amanda's home based ece
Re: Calling all "hot" women! (menopause advice needed)
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 10:47:43 PM »
I have found that the traditional coke bottle, but plastic, works a treat.  Fill with water and freeze.  The dip in the bottle means it fits under my chin without slipping while the the lager part of the bottle fits over the carotid artery and provides instant cooling.  Cheap too.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 01:24:19 PM »
I carry a little roll-on bottle of peppermint oil - when my own personal summer hits, I roll it on the back of my neck and it works to cool me off. Might want to keep some in your bedside table.

malfoyfan13

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 02:11:57 PM »
No advice on the mattress.  When I was in the full throes of hot flashes, I used a small fan directed at me, very light bedclothes, and just a t-shirt/underwear for wearing to bed.  We both like the house cool, so that wasn't an issue.  We'd keep the air conditioning on all night when needed.  I tried a lot of homeopathic stuff that was supposed to help hot flashes but none of it worked for me.  :-(

I'd try the "cool" pillow idea, that sounds promising.  Good luck!  I hope your flashes don't last as long as mine.