News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 01, 2015, 11:46:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 85209 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1440 on: July 16, 2015, 01:06:38 PM »
It's been a busy week!

Mostly helping BF get some stuff moved around and sorted out on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  Though he had to do some repairs on both his truck and his mother's car in there.

Last night, I picked up my veggies from my CSA farm, did some grocery shopping, cooked dinner for the two of us and went to my ball game.  (We won!)

I've been taking dogs for a walk every morning this week, which means getting up early.  But it's good for me and I'm halfway through my step count before I even get to the office!

Tonight is a Costco run, maybe another quick grocery store run for the stuff I forgot last night  ::), thinning the carrots, watering the garden, some laundry, getting stuff ready for a ball tournament on the weekend, doing some baking for same, making dinner in there somewhere, cooking some extra veggies for making up meals to take for our lunches.  Oh, and relaxing.  There's been far too little of that lately!

Tomorrow is finishing the baking, getting my stuff prepped for the tournament, taking BF to an outpatient procedure, looking after him at home and trying to get him to sit his butt down and not do anything!  One ball game tomorrow night, at least two more on Saturday.  Potential for more games on Sunday.  Intersperse taking dogs for walks in there and I think I'm going to be exhausted by Sunday afternoon.  A nap will be in order!
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #1441 on: July 17, 2015, 08:43:29 AM »
Got my hair dyed (don't laugh, its long and takes four hours or so.)
Got everything bought for the weekend, and a short story out.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1442 on: July 17, 2015, 09:52:47 AM »
Well, last night.

Did the usual every day chores.
Got DH' tablet charged fully, then logged in on my Kindle account and downloaded 12 books and 6 magazines for him to read on his trip in two weeks. Made sure the updates were installed and all I have to do is check that the notifications aren't going to drive him mad during his trip. He decided not to take his laptop, so this and his phone are his sole devices.
Started going through my jewelry projects in progress, way too many!

turtleIScream

« Reply #1443 on: July 17, 2015, 07:16:19 PM »
I organised the lazy susan, which is where I keep all my baking supplies. I found some ice cream cones, so I also made some cupcakes (the cones as the baking cups)

Returned some stuff at the store, bought printer ink and card stock.

Went to another store and bought new containers for my lazy susan. Also found some food stuffs on sale, so I stocked up.

Took my daughter for some skills practice in the car. She's okay on the road, but she never really learned how to back out of and pull into our driveway.

Roasted some lamb and made garlic sauce for pitas.

Going to start working on a (desk) hutch for my son, because he is very envious of the one we built for his sister.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

CrabbyAppleton

« Reply #1444 on: July 17, 2015, 08:26:58 PM »
Every single door and cabinet hinge in my apartment was painted over before I moved in*.  I HATE the way it looks.  Today I took the bathroom door off, removed the hinges, latch and strike plate, boiled them in water/baking soda, peeled the paint off, scrubbed them with a toothbrush, tweaked the shims (door has never closed properly) and reinstalled it.  Now only 14 door and 28 cabinet hinges to go.  Oh my!!!!!!

*Ok it's been 13 years but who's counting.  lol

??? :-[
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:33:31 PM by CrabbyAppleton »
The more you weigh, the harder you are to kidnap...  Stay safe...  Eat cake!

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1445 on: July 18, 2015, 12:30:12 PM »
*helped/guided DS through cleaning part of the house today (i'm moving out in 10 days!!). he knows the basics, but wanted me to 'critique' his work. so he did part, i did part.
*threw out/recycled a LOT of stuff (5 times down and up the stairs, third floor walk up, to the trash and one trip to the paper recycler (across the street) and plastic (down the block). now all we have left are a few electronics (probably one trip) and some things we are trying to donate (dishes, etc), and books i have to give back to my father.
*cleaned out fridge and freezer. threw out stuff that i know that DS will not use (dried mushrooms, thai red curry, etc. He actually said i should leave the jar of yeast cause maybe he'll make some rugelach).
*made big batch of vegan baked beans for the freezer and one regular batch of brownies so DS will have some after i leave  8)
*made one big batch of vegetarian lentil patties that DS likes. I'd rather he eat those, rather than the store bought processed ones.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

turtleIScream

« Reply #1446 on: July 18, 2015, 01:26:51 PM »
I like hearing your updates, Cicero; you make an international move sound manageable and relatively easy. Good luck with the final days!

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1447 on: July 18, 2015, 01:45:16 PM »
I like hearing your updates, Cicero; you make an international move sound manageable and relatively easy. Good luck with the final days!
thanks - you know - i think that writing things down is helpful! I started on the decluttering a few months ago, and did things slowly. and truthfully, yes it is an international move but other than clothing and shoes, I am not taking "stuff" with me (i'm really trying to get away with one checked suitcase and one carry on -extra suitcases are 100 dollars and my stuff is just really not worth it). And I am not 'giving back' this rental because DS will stay here on his own for another year so the appliances, little bit of furniture will stay here.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

turtleIScream

« Reply #1448 on: July 20, 2015, 08:28:36 PM »
Finished my son's desk hutch.

Here are pictures of the 2 hutches we built.

gmatoy

« Reply #1449 on: July 20, 2015, 08:43:28 PM »
Turtle, those are very nice!

And my own accomplishments list: yesterday I finished 3 aprons for an upcoming Cousins' Day I'm having, today I finished 3 more! Plus, I have done some of the work towards finishing two more! I am tired (and sore from nerve damage made worse by looking down) but I am proud of myself! I'm three weeks away from the gathering and I feel like I'm not going to be doing last minute stress this time.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1450 on: July 21, 2015, 10:17:15 AM »
Last night, I got the beans and peas picked and watered the whole garden.  I got the dishwasher run and two loads of laundry done.

This morning, the dogs got a walk and I managed to get the toilet and sink in the main bathroom cleaned.

Tonight, I'm heading out for cheap wings with BF and a couple of friends and then help BF with some sorting and tidying at his place.  I'll hopefully get home in time to take the dogs out for a walk or at least a run in my yard.

I'm thinking that once the dogs go back to BF's place (the female is in heat so I have her and her fixed brother, BF has the intact male and the puppy), I'm going to try to continue to get up at 6:30 and use the extra 30-45 minutes every morning to work on tidying and cleaning my house.  It is driving me crazy!  And my nephew will be crashing with me in a few weeks for a night or two on the way to a concert so I need to get my spare room tidied up so he has somewhere to sleep.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1451 on: July 22, 2015, 11:31:25 AM »
OK..so it was yesterday, not today...but we have a short hallway between the kitchen and the living room.  It has three hall-length shelves along one side and were dedicated to my husbands food items...lots of jars of things, packages of odd noodles and sauces and stuff which never got used.  So, in my desperate need to find more storage in our pathetically small kitchen, I decided to look and see what was on the shelves.  It was just a lot of stuff way past it's use by date and some things that had become buried and forgotten.   We recovered about a shelf and a half of space we can now use for stuff we actually want.  This might make a dent in the kitchen clutter.  Yay!  Oh, and I found my iron!  I wondered where it went off to.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1452 on: July 25, 2015, 09:53:56 PM »
I took a really good nap. 😂 I promise that I was productive yesterday.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #1453 on: July 25, 2015, 09:57:54 PM »
I took a really good nap. 😂 I promise that I was productive yesterday.

Naps are highly underrated. :D
Maryland

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #1454 on: July 25, 2015, 10:25:51 PM »
Today I went through four bins of fabric, and folded the fabric I intend to keep neatly and put that I don't want in the donate pile.  I also threw out a bunch of odds and ends, fabric too small to use for anything if you're not a quilter, that sort of thing.  In the sorting and exploring I found four projects, two tops that were cut out but never sewn, and a pair of pants and a skirt that lack only hemming.  The pants don't fit so I'm going to hem them and donate them.  I was able to empty one bin and partially empty another, so I used the partially full one for storing interfacing and neutral fabrics.  I took the empty bin out to the garage, and now I can put my feet under my sewing table again.   I also did three loads of laundry and ran the dishwasher.  I'm currently typing this with a cat draped over my shoulder.