News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 28, 2016, 04:10:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 138183 times)

gmatoy

Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1755 on: August 18, 2016, 12:58:28 AM »
Slept in, got up and took a bath. Found a lump. Made a doctor appointment. Went with DH to pick up DGD at her camp. We stopped and got lunch to go. DH took her to her driving lesson. I tried to take a nap, no go. Got up. Made dinner, washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. Done for the day.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1756 on: August 18, 2016, 05:21:04 AM »
Slept in, got up and took a bath. Found a lump. Made a doctor appointment. Went with DH to pick up DGD at her camp. We stopped and got lunch to go. DH took her to her driving lesson. I tried to take a nap, no go. Got up. Made dinner, washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. Done for the day.

:o  Hope the Dr. appointment goes well...  (((gmatoy)))
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

cicero

« Reply #1757 on: August 18, 2016, 06:36:28 AM »
yippee!! finally got my NJ driver's license!!

After three visits, hours of waiting outside in the scorching sun, i got my license. so happy!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1758 on: August 19, 2016, 09:53:10 AM »
Congrats, cicero!

I've had a busy week. 

Monday - worked late, had a ball game.  Tuesday - dogs to the vet.  Wednesday - cats to the vet.  Thursday - bottled 5 batches of wine.  The shop staff was quite impressed with how quickly BF and I got them done.  I think they expected us to close the place out at 7:00 and we were done before 6:00.

This morning:
Cooked the broccoli
Cooked the beets
Cooked two pots of beans
Cooked 6 lbs worth of meatloaf
Made zucchini muffins and grated enough zucchini for a couple more batches of muffins or loaf that I'll do this evening, hopefully
Unpacked the dishwasher and reloaded it

Still to do:
Make up dinners for the freezer with the vegetables and the meatloaf
Organize the dinners in the freezer and set aside a selection to take to my Dad for his freezer
Rack the wine we bottled last night
Make rice crispie squares
Maybe make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  I've had a craving and haven't gotten them done yet.
Pick the beans at BF's parents' place
Hit the beer store, the dollar store, the pet store and the liquor store

Whew!  Not sure I'll get it all done but I'm gonna try.  And I'm hoping to squeeze in a nap.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

gmatoy

« Reply #1759 on: August 19, 2016, 11:47:23 AM »
I've been up an hour and have made 4 dozen oatmeal cookies and cleaned up the kitchen. I may be done for the day. It is going to get HOT!

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1760 on: August 19, 2016, 03:32:29 PM »
The nap didn't happen.  I still have to pick the beans and make the rice crispy squares.  Just waiting for 5:00 when the price of power goes down.
Ontario

snowfire

« Reply #1761 on: August 22, 2016, 06:36:10 PM »
Yesterday DH & I spent 4 hours at my Mom's rental house trimming broken branches off an apple tree and taking the chain saw, loppers & hedge trimmers to some shrubs to get them away from the house in preparation for window replacement & paint.  Filled two huge and four regular trash cans.  Then we went to MIL's house & spent an hour there trimming one tree that was rubbing the roof.  Two trash cans.  It still needs more, but we were sooooo done for the day.

Today, at the rental house, I finished scraping the staples out of the floor from the carpet pad & removed all the switch plates and outlet covers and DH mowed the front lawn.  Need to take the weed whacker to the back before we mow it. Also, we did some shopping and found a new dishwasher for the rental.  The old one is working, sort of, but making "I'm not happy" noises.  It's almost a decade old & the tenants had managed to break off a half dozen or so of the tines that hold the dishes and the brackets with the rollers for the baskets are disintegrating.  I've never seen plastic do that unless it was under a TON of UV or chemicals.  Since we have to pull the dishwasher out anyway to replace the kitchen floor, this is the best time to do it.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1762 on: August 22, 2016, 06:59:25 PM »
Yesterday DH & I spent 4 hours at my Mom's rental house trimming broken branches off an apple tree and taking the chain saw, loppers & hedge trimmers to some shrubs to get them away from the house in preparation for window replacement & paint.  Filled two huge and four regular trash cans.  Then we went to MIL's house & spent an hour there trimming one tree that was rubbing the roof.  Two trash cans.  It still needs more, but we were sooooo done for the day.

Today, at the rental house, I finished scraping the staples out of the floor from the carpet pad & removed all the switch plates and outlet covers and DH mowed the front lawn.  Need to take the weed whacker to the back before we mow it. Also, we did some shopping and found a new dishwasher for the rental.  The old one is working, sort of, but making "I'm not happy" noises.  It's almost a decade old & the tenants had managed to break off a half dozen or so of the tines that hold the dishes and the brackets with the rollers for the baskets are disintegrating.  I've never seen plastic do that unless it was under a TON of UV or chemicals.  Since we have to pull the dishwasher out anyway to replace the kitchen floor, this is the best time to do it.

Hard water can do that to plastic.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1763 on: August 22, 2016, 07:30:31 PM »
Woke up and went to the store to get food. Came home and cooked the food. It took 3 hrs. Then I packed up the food and took it to my friends dorm, where we ate and watched tv. Then we went pokemon hunting.  Then we all walked to the bus station... and watched the busses pull away. So we walked all the way back to the dorm, so my friend could give me a ride home.  I am beat.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1764 on: August 23, 2016, 08:05:17 AM »
Last night, I picked the beans and the tomatoes in the garden and made hamburgers, fried potatoes and corn on the cob for dinner.  I cooked up a bunch of carrots to finish off some meals that were already in the freezer.  I have three meals that still need another vegetable and 3 meals that need another vegetable and the protein.  But otherwise?  Just about every container I have is in the freezer with meals.  I have a bunch set aside to take to my Dad on Thursday.  I'm aiming to take him meals about once a month or so.  Until I can talk him into moving in with BF and I.

This morning, I pulled all my camping gear out of the crawl space so I can get it organized and packed up, ready to load in my Dad's van on Thursday evening so we're ready to go first thing on Friday morning.

Tonight, I have to stop for some groceries and then I have some zucchini bread to make and some bacon to cook and picking beans at BF's parents' place.

And sometime before Friday morning, I have to make butter tarts and some rice crispie squares for the camping trip.
Ontario

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #1765 on: August 24, 2016, 02:37:38 AM »
Fixed the light poles down the front of the front path. They've been broken since we moved in, but this winter we will finally be able to see our way up the drive!

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1766 on: August 24, 2016, 08:27:03 AM »
My house still smells like bacon...
Ontario

CorrieFan

« Reply #1767 on: August 24, 2016, 07:54:22 PM »
Mmmmmmm....bacon. ;)

My house still smells like bacon...