News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 29, 2015, 08:06:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What do you want for your "life celebration"?  (Read 1015 times)

demarco

Re: What do you want for your "life celebration"?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 10:40:13 PM »
I will be cremated. My remains are to be dispersed at a particular place, along with those of my beloved Labrador retriever Wendy (who has already passed) so that we can be together.  There will be no service of any kind but I would like an announcement in the newspaper. I will write it myself.

Deetee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 11:33:53 PM »
For the Officiant to say "It is always a loss when when the oldest person on the planet dies, but there is a special sense of loss when they die while shark wrestling"

CakeEater

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 12:55:54 AM »
For the Officiant to say "It is always a loss when when the oldest person on the planet dies, but there is a special sense of loss when they die while shark wrestling"

;D Love it!

marcel

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 01:16:13 AM »
I genuinely do not care one bit, I will not be around for it anyway.
Wherever you go..... There you are.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2015, 01:47:01 AM »
I like the idea of this - Urn to grow a tree.

I'd prefer no funeral, memorial service or party.  It all seems like a big bother to me.

jmarvellous

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2015, 07:51:50 AM »
I will leave it up to whoever is left. I just ask that there be no religious rituals that I did not express my belief in while of sound mind prior to death. I would prefer cremation or natural burial  (unembalmed and in a fertile forest, but only if, as predicted, I die after the collapse of industrial civilization. That is, I want my survivors to cut corners as much as possible--no need to spend money on me after I'm too far gone to appreciate it.

Coley

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2015, 08:45:46 AM »
I want my organs donated. Then I would like to be cremated before a service. No caskets, no viewing. I don't want the service in a funeral home. It could be in one of the small meeting rooms at our church or another non-religious location. Something on the small side. Mostly, I'd like the people I love to get together, comfort and support each other, and share some memories. I always find that to be the most cathartic part of these services.

Music would be central to the service. I would want "Thanksgiving" by Poi Dog Pondering, "The Ballad of El Goodo" by Big Star, "Give Me Love" by George Harrison, "Living Life" by Daniel Johnston/K McCarty, and "Hummingbird" by Wilco to be played along with several others.

I'd like my ashes to be spread at a beautiful state park in my city or another location I love, like northwestern Wisconsin, the Grand Canyon, or the Rocky Mountains.

alice

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2015, 11:34:15 AM »
No big service.  Viewing in the morning, closed by the playing of Susan Boyle singing Amazing Grace, and the straight to the cemetary

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 12:31:46 PM »
Fifteen years before her death, MIL completely orchestrated what she wanted to happen after her passing. She had made arrangements with a funeral home for her cremation but she went well beyond that.

Mr. Thipu and his sister were co-executors of the will.  We received copies of the music she wanted played, a poem she wanted read, and a menu she wanted served at the reception. We were even told her preferred caterer. 

We really don't care what happens after we die.  Those who are left can remember us in any way they see fit, although I would enjoy a second line funeral. 

cattlekid

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2015, 01:34:16 PM »
As an organ recipient from a deceased donor, I heartily appreciate all of those who have indicated that they would like to be organ donors upon their passage.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 01:45:04 PM »
Not sure they'll take my organs but I intend to be an organ donor, too.  I've had melanoma so I may be off the list because of that.  They'd probably take my corneas, though.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario