Author Topic: Potential for job opening--do I contact them or wait?  (Read 1777 times)

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
Re: Potential for job opening--do I contact them or wait?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 03:42:27 PM »
Well, I went to the library earlier today and asked one of the librarians on duty about volunteer opportunities, explaining that I am a librarian and have worked in libraries in the past.  She seemed enthusiastic, and gave me a job application!  It was a bit of a slow time, so both of the people behind the counter were asking me questions like what kind of library, what kind of stuff I did there, etc.  Neither mentioned anything about the resigning librarian, but I'm hoping their interest is a good sign.

One thing I have to mention is that they're very likely to remember who I am--after we talked about that, she went to check out my book and the computer system went a bit haywire on them.  Both librarians working together couldn't fix it, so they had to write the pertinent information down to give to the director later.  So now when I get the application back to them they'll probably remember me as the one who brought down the entire catalog!  (Any publicity is good publicity, right...?  ;D)

Thanks again, everybody!  You're been great, as usual!
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 04:30:36 PM »
Perfect way to handle it! 

Library Dragon

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »
Agreed, this was a good way to handle it. 

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter