Author Topic: S/O embrassed I spent my money on...  (Read 956 times)

Mollie

S/O embrassed I spent my money on...
« on: September 17, 2013, 06:33:50 PM »
If you had a time machine, what would you go back and get or do? I would buy all the barbies I could from when they first came out. I would go back to the 1870's and buy all the land I could around L.A. I recently started getting into the Young and Restless and I would take a VCR back and tape all the episodes of that and a few others, and when I came back to now, convert them to DVD.

cicero

• Super Hero!
Re: S/O embrassed I spent my money on...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 09:43:19 PM »
I would give my younger self an almanac containing sporting results, and use that to bet on and win sporting events and become a gazzilionaire...oh wait, that sounds like a movie I saw.... ;D

I would buy stock in some dot.coms  that made it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Mollie

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 11:05:44 PM »
Look out for Biff.

metallicafan

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 11:39:15 PM »
If you had a time machine, what would you go back and get or do? I would buy all the barbies I could from when they first came out. I would go back to the 1870's and buy all the land I could around L.A. I recently started getting into the Young and Restless and I would take a VCR back and tape all the episodes of that and a few others, and when I came back to now, convert them to DVD.
I'm totally with you on the Barbies.   :)

If I could go back, I would further my education.
I would not have dated the same person for such a long time.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 12:15:25 AM »
I would go back in time and mention to myself - "Yes, people really will want to have home computers and drink flavored coffee drinks.  Buy Microsoft and Starbucks."

suzieQ

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 12:48:20 AM »
I would have gone into the field that I was more interested in. I had two interests in mind and let myself be talked into the one that wasn't really my first choice.
I would probably not have married my DH and I would have stopped after having one child, if I did marry my DH. (second one has the same issues DH does)
Check out my crocheted cross body bags for phones!

http://phlings.blogspot.com/

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 08:43:13 AM »
I would have bought all the land SW of Orlando in the 1950's, where Walt Disney World is now.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 09:12:44 AM »
I worked 2 full time jobs when I lived at home, and I would bank one of those checks instead of spending it. I would still marry husband, but put some money away for just me, that he wouldn't know about.  I would maybe have had a couple more children, I really regret having only 3, when I really wanted more, that sounds crazy, even writing it down.

When he leaves, I would keep the kids with me, instead of letting them go with him, beacuse I have smartly kept a stash of money in which to live on instead of having nothing.

I would also hope that DF and I still crossed paths, because I really really love this man, and he treats me like no other man in my life ever has.

lowspark

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 09:16:57 AM »
I'd go back to 1920 and buy a bunch of Coca-Cola stock.

Jones

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 09:35:15 AM »
If I had to stay within my lifetime, I would have asked my parents for the Little People collection when my youngest sib outgrew it. I also would have put my foot down on a few stupid expenditures my husband insisted on, that I thought at the time were stupid but I was spineless towards him (we've worked it out since, he gets that I'm more savvy than him monetarily). Actually...when I was 18 I had the chance to move to another state and start a life there. I think I'd have taken it, and put off marriage etc, if I knew then what I know now. I do think it would have been a great investment for my financial future.

If I could go back farther than my own lifetime, I'd buy comic books. And Disney stock, and would love to be a financial backer on some of my favorite movies (get a return and get to see my name in the credits). Can I make a stopoff in the '70's and help out George Lucas with Star Wars?... Then back to my time and sell it all (maniacal laugh)....well, except maybe some of the comic books. I can't imagine the looks I'd get when folks come over to my house and see a glass case with the original Spiderman in it.