News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 25, 2016, 05:42:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O embrassed I spent my money on...  (Read 1343 times)

Mollie

S/O embrassed I spent my money on...
« on: September 17, 2013, 05:33:50 PM »
If you had a time machine, what would you go back and get or do? I would buy all the barbies I could from when they first came out. I would go back to the 1870's and buy all the land I could around L.A. I recently started getting into the Young and Restless and I would take a VCR back and tape all the episodes of that and a few others, and when I came back to now, convert them to DVD.

cicero

Re: S/O embrassed I spent my money on...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 08:43:19 PM »
I would give my younger self an almanac containing sporting results, and use that to bet on and win sporting events and become a gazzilionaire...oh wait, that sounds like a movie I saw.... ;D

I would buy stock in some dot.coms  that made it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Mollie

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 10:05:44 PM »
Look out for Biff.

metallicafan

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 10:39:15 PM »
If you had a time machine, what would you go back and get or do? I would buy all the barbies I could from when they first came out. I would go back to the 1870's and buy all the land I could around L.A. I recently started getting into the Young and Restless and I would take a VCR back and tape all the episodes of that and a few others, and when I came back to now, convert them to DVD.
I'm totally with you on the Barbies.   :)

If I could go back, I would further my education.
I would not have dated the same person for such a long time.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 11:15:25 PM »
I would go back in time and mention to myself - "Yes, people really will want to have home computers and drink flavored coffee drinks.  Buy Microsoft and Starbucks."

suzieQ

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 11:48:20 PM »
I would have gone into the field that I was more interested in. I had two interests in mind and let myself be talked into the one that wasn't really my first choice.
I would probably not have married my DH and I would have stopped after having one child, if I did marry my DH. (second one has the same issues DH does)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 07:43:13 AM »
I would have bought all the land SW of Orlando in the 1950's, where Walt Disney World is now.
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 08:12:44 AM »
I worked 2 full time jobs when I lived at home, and I would bank one of those checks instead of spending it. I would still marry husband, but put some money away for just me, that he wouldn't know about.  I would maybe have had a couple more children, I really regret having only 3, when I really wanted more, that sounds crazy, even writing it down.

When he leaves, I would keep the kids with me, instead of letting them go with him, beacuse I have smartly kept a stash of money in which to live on instead of having nothing.

I would also hope that DF and I still crossed paths, because I really really love this man, and he treats me like no other man in my life ever has.

lowspark

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 08:16:57 AM »
I'd go back to 1920 and buy a bunch of Coca-Cola stock.
Houston 
Texas 
USA 

Jones

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 08:35:15 AM »
If I had to stay within my lifetime, I would have asked my parents for the Little People collection when my youngest sib outgrew it. I also would have put my foot down on a few stupid expenditures my husband insisted on, that I thought at the time were stupid but I was spineless towards him (we've worked it out since, he gets that I'm more savvy than him monetarily). Actually...when I was 18 I had the chance to move to another state and start a life there. I think I'd have taken it, and put off marriage etc, if I knew then what I know now. I do think it would have been a great investment for my financial future.

If I could go back farther than my own lifetime, I'd buy comic books. And Disney stock, and would love to be a financial backer on some of my favorite movies (get a return and get to see my name in the credits). Can I make a stopoff in the '70's and help out George Lucas with Star Wars?... Then back to my time and sell it all (maniacal laugh)....well, except maybe some of the comic books. I can't imagine the looks I'd get when folks come over to my house and see a glass case with the original Spiderman in it. 
“A real desire to believe all the good you can of others and to make others as comfortable as you can will solve most of the problems.” CS Lewis