Author Topic: Was I rude?  (Read 2404 times)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Was I rude?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 12:04:17 PM »
I don't think you were rude. I do think he was, he made you wait around for 3 hours and you had to call him to see what the matter was?

This is not completely accurate.

The friend did text to say he was running late. She just called for more details. So it's not like he left her hanging.

And she had made plans to stay until 7, and she left at 6.
However, I don't think she's at all rude to change the plans on him--even if he got there at 6:30, she'd only have a half an hour for socializing.

Another Sarah

Re: Was I rude?
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 12:14:29 PM »
That's a fair point but I read the text as more "on my way", no apologies, as though he'd set off exactly when he intended to. I might be wrong there though, just because I have the slightly odd habit of always texting and telling people when I'm setting off doesn't mean everybody does. (I blame it on my parents making me continually late for everything ever while I was a kid until I was old enough to get places by myself)

Also I think he knew her original plan was three o'clock, if she stayed after 3 it was on his account because he asked her to and he needed to be considerate of that, which I don't think he was.