Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Princess "tea" bday party menu for 3 yr old

(1/6) > >>

*new*mommyagain36:
DD is turning 3 in November.  I am planning a Princess "Tea" - using paper products that are printed to look like china/chintz patterns, clear glass/crystal serving dishes and plastic "goblets" for the kids.  I am planning on 11 Adults and 7 kids.
Here's what I am thinking menu wise.  I have omitted a turkey meat sandwich because party is week before Turkey Day.  I welcome any suggestions.  Thanks!

Mini sandwiches - White Meat Chicken Salad, Chicken (sliced thin), Roast Beef, Ham on small rolls
Condiments for sandwiches - mayo, yellow and dijon mustards, leaf lettuce, onion, tomato sliced thin
? Baked Crab Dip?
Chips, Crackers and a dip
Veggie Tray and a dip
Fruit Tray - Fruit Dip?
Assorted Cheese - slices, cubes
?Hot Spinach/Artichoke Dip?  Baguettes??
Mints
Nuts

Beverages:  Hard Cider (21+), Cider, Pink Lemonade (Bday Princess' fave), Coke, Diet Coke, Sweet Tea, Water

Cake Table:  Cake, Petit Fours, Pumpkin Pie Dip with Ginger Snaps

Can you tell this a is a family that enjoys dips?   :D

Oh Joy:
Sounds like fun!

Though my first impression when reading the menu was that I'm going to have a paper plate with a bunch of gobs of dips smeared into each other and the other foods as I try to eat each one...wonder if there's a way to prevent that?

There are also some berry-flavored herbal teas out there that ice up nicely...they drink almost like a plain version of juice or a flavored version of water.  It might make a good addition as something that has no caffeine, sugar, calories, or artificial sweeteners. 

And now I want to attack and devour your cake table!

*new*mommyagain36:
Oh Joy - Hmmm.  Good thought.  And I'm well known in my family for not wanting food to 'touch'
Maybe I can do divided plates for dinner and then just put out the decorated plates for the cake/dessert table.  Good idea - thanks!

Thanks for the tea suggestion - I will look into it.   :)

Zilla:

--- Quote from: *new*mommyagain36 on September 19, 2013, 11:40:36 AM ---DD is turning 3 in November.  I am planning a Princess "Tea" - using paper products that are printed to look like china/chintz patterns, clear glass/crystal serving dishes and plastic "goblets" for the kids.  I am planning on 11 Adults and 7 kids.
Here's what I am thinking menu wise.  I have omitted a turkey meat sandwich because party is week before Turkey Day.  I welcome any suggestions.  Thanks!

Mini sandwiches - White Meat Chicken Salad, Chicken (sliced thin), Roast Beef, Ham on small rolls
Condiments for sandwiches - mayo, yellow and dijon mustards, leaf lettuce, onion, tomato sliced thin
? Baked Crab Dip?
Chips, Crackers and a dip
Veggie Tray and a dip
Fruit Tray - Fruit Dip?
Assorted Cheese - slices, cubes
?Hot Spinach/Artichoke Dip?  Baguettes??
Mints
Nuts

Beverages:  Hard Cider (21+), Cider, Pink Lemonade (Bday Princess' fave), Coke, Diet Coke, Sweet Tea, Water

Cake Table:  Cake, Petit Fours, Pumpkin Pie Dip with Ginger Snaps

Can you tell this a is a family that enjoys dips?   :D

--- End quote ---

How about a sweet sandwich like jelly and cream cheese on white?

As for dips, maybe have condiment paper cups of the dips for the little ones to put on their plates at the table?  That way you can fill each cup with a dallop of dip.

And we served vanilla tea where they had the pot of cubes of sugar and pots of cream.

Everything sounds delish!

QueenfaninCA:
If I were invited to a Princess "tea" party, this is not the menu I'd expect. Where are the fancy finger sandwiches, the scones, the clotted cream? And where is the tea (herbal for the kids)? IMHO chips, American style sandwiches or sodas do not belong there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version