Author Topic: Princess "tea" bday party menu for 3 yr old  (Read 3130 times)

*new*mommyagain36

Princess "tea" bday party menu for 3 yr old
« on: September 19, 2013, 11:40:36 AM »
DD is turning 3 in November.  I am planning a Princess "Tea" - using paper products that are printed to look like china/chintz patterns, clear glass/crystal serving dishes and plastic "goblets" for the kids.  I am planning on 11 Adults and 7 kids.
Here's what I am thinking menu wise.  I have omitted a turkey meat sandwich because party is week before Turkey Day.  I welcome any suggestions.  Thanks!

Mini sandwiches - White Meat Chicken Salad, Chicken (sliced thin), Roast Beef, Ham on small rolls
Condiments for sandwiches - mayo, yellow and dijon mustards, leaf lettuce, onion, tomato sliced thin
? Baked Crab Dip?
Chips, Crackers and a dip
Veggie Tray and a dip
Fruit Tray - Fruit Dip?
Assorted Cheese - slices, cubes
?Hot Spinach/Artichoke Dip?  Baguettes??
Mints
Nuts

Beverages:  Hard Cider (21+), Cider, Pink Lemonade (Bday Princess' fave), Coke, Diet Coke, Sweet Tea, Water

Cake Table:  Cake, Petit Fours, Pumpkin Pie Dip with Ginger Snaps

Can you tell this a is a family that enjoys dips?   :D
"Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything.  14% of people know that" - Homer Simpson

Oh Joy

Re: Princess "tea" bday party menu for 3 yr old
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 11:46:32 AM »
Sounds like fun!

Though my first impression when reading the menu was that I'm going to have a paper plate with a bunch of gobs of dips smeared into each other and the other foods as I try to eat each one...wonder if there's a way to prevent that?

There are also some berry-flavored herbal teas out there that ice up nicely...they drink almost like a plain version of juice or a flavored version of water.  It might make a good addition as something that has no caffeine, sugar, calories, or artificial sweeteners. 

And now I want to attack and devour your cake table!

*new*mommyagain36

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 11:52:20 AM »
Oh Joy - Hmmm.  Good thought.  And I'm well known in my family for not wanting food to 'touch'
Maybe I can do divided plates for dinner and then just put out the decorated plates for the cake/dessert table.  Good idea - thanks!

Thanks for the tea suggestion - I will look into it.   :)
"Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything.  14% of people know that" - Homer Simpson

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 12:45:30 PM »
DD is turning 3 in November.  I am planning a Princess "Tea" - using paper products that are printed to look like china/chintz patterns, clear glass/crystal serving dishes and plastic "goblets" for the kids.  I am planning on 11 Adults and 7 kids.
Here's what I am thinking menu wise.  I have omitted a turkey meat sandwich because party is week before Turkey Day.  I welcome any suggestions.  Thanks!

Mini sandwiches - White Meat Chicken Salad, Chicken (sliced thin), Roast Beef, Ham on small rolls
Condiments for sandwiches - mayo, yellow and dijon mustards, leaf lettuce, onion, tomato sliced thin
? Baked Crab Dip?
Chips, Crackers and a dip
Veggie Tray and a dip
Fruit Tray - Fruit Dip?
Assorted Cheese - slices, cubes
?Hot Spinach/Artichoke Dip?  Baguettes??
Mints
Nuts

Beverages:  Hard Cider (21+), Cider, Pink Lemonade (Bday Princess' fave), Coke, Diet Coke, Sweet Tea, Water

Cake Table:  Cake, Petit Fours, Pumpkin Pie Dip with Ginger Snaps

Can you tell this a is a family that enjoys dips?   :D

How about a sweet sandwich like jelly and cream cheese on white?

As for dips, maybe have condiment paper cups of the dips for the little ones to put on their plates at the table?  That way you can fill each cup with a dallop of dip.

And we served vanilla tea where they had the pot of cubes of sugar and pots of cream.

Everything sounds delish!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 12:48:11 PM by Zilla »

QueenfaninCA

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 01:13:34 PM »
If I were invited to a Princess "tea" party, this is not the menu I'd expect. Where are the fancy finger sandwiches, the scones, the clotted cream? And where is the tea (herbal for the kids)? IMHO chips, American style sandwiches or sodas do not belong there.

LeveeWoman

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 01:16:43 PM »
If I were invited to a Princess "tea" party, this is not the menu I'd expect. Where are the fancy finger sandwiches, the scones, the clotted cream? And where is the tea (herbal for the kids)? IMHO chips, American style sandwiches or sodas do not belong there.

Kids turning three would know this?

Sheila Take a Bow

• Formerly arija but I felt like a name change.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 01:23:48 PM »
There's a business around here that does little girls' princess tea parties.  It's actually pretty fun -- the girls dress up and then they have their fancy tea.

They serve a couple kinds of finger sandwiches (pb&j, and ham and cheese), pizza cut into tiny slices, and hot dog pieces on toothpicks.  They also have veggies but I can't remember how those are presented.

It's definitely not a traditional tea but the kids don't know the difference.  It's presented as a tea, so to the kids it's a tea party.

I do love the idea of the paper cups so it's easier to take individual servings of dip (and then you wouldn't have to get a divided plate.)

It sounds like a fun party!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:26:31 PM by Sheila Take a Bow »

QueenfaninCA

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 01:27:51 PM »

Kids turning three would know this?

The guest lists seems to have more adults than kids.

*new*mommyagain36

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 01:37:01 PM »
Zilla - Non of our kidlets are jelly eaters however, THANKS!!!!! for the paper cup for dips idea!  Fab idea!
QueenfaninCA - yes, there are are more adults than kids but I am catering towards the kids tastes.  While it's not a "proper tea" all the kids are wearing princess dresses and we're using a lot of crystal and trying to make it seem fancy for the little ones.

amylouky

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 02:36:31 PM »
Just me, but I'm thinking 3 year olds, fancy dresses, and a lot of dips might not be the best combination?

Edited to add.. check out these fruit wands.  :)  http://weelicious.com/2012/03/26/fruit-wands/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 02:42:07 PM by amylouky »

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 02:58:37 PM »
If you have a restaurant supply vender nearby, you can get small plastic cups for the dips and you can even pre-fill them.

mandycorn

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 03:40:25 PM »
I agree with the poster above who was concerned about the spilling potential, but the food all sounds delicious to me! Would you be willing to share the pumpkin pie dip recipe with us?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

EllenS

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 03:54:10 PM »
Our favorite princess punch is any sort of juice (cran-grape, for example) mixed half & half with San Pellegrino.  It's colored and fizzy, and not too cloying for grownups either.

SheltieMom

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 03:55:01 PM »
Walmart, Party City and Hobby Lobby carry tiny plastic bowls similar to what a restaurant would use for take-out condiments.
If Timmy had had a Sheltie, he never would have fallen in that well!

Curious Cat

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 05:51:16 PM »
I would switch out the sliced chicken for tuna but otherwise it sounds great.