General Etiquette > Life...in general

Please stop pawing my keys.

<< < (2/7) > >>

Possum:
barefoot_girl, it was 5:10 in the morning and I was still going slow.  I was on the ball enough to verbally intervene, at least.  If she'd refused my refusal a third time, though, I think I would've taken the keys, put down the soda, and walked out.  (That's maybe the other reason I didn't take them: I can, on rare occasions, stumble into being all-or-nothing when I'm tired, and I didn't want to nuke the woman over it.)

lowspark:
To me, this is just like the "looking through someone's sketchbook" thread.
http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=129619.0

You simply don't touch other people's stuff unless specifically given permission to.
I agree. Possum, you would have been perfeclty ok to just grab the keys away from her. But yeah, 5 am, I can get why you were slow to react. Your response was fine.

It's funny about those discount cards. Some of those cashiers are really insistent that you use them and sometimes I just don't feel like messing with it! One "no" should be sufficient.

gollymolly2:
I think you would have been fine to be more insistent and take your keys back. But I also don't really see what she did as a big deal - keys usually aren't that personal, and they were laying on the counter, not tucked away in your purse or pocket or somewhere similarly private.

LeveeWoman:

--- Quote from: gollymolly2 on September 19, 2013, 04:06:48 PM ---I think you would have been fine to be more insistent and take your keys back. But I also don't really see what she did as a big deal - keys usually aren't that personal, and they were laying on the counter, not tucked away in your purse or pocket or somewhere similarly private.

--- End quote ---

The keys did not belong to the clerk. People who don't own objects should keep their hands off of them.

DavidH:
I can see why it bothered you, but to me, it would have been a minor annoyance at most.  Keys don't seem that personal if they are on the counter and yes, the clerk was wrong, but I wouldn't waste much thought on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version