General Etiquette > Life...in general

Priest unloads on videographer/s during a wedding ceremony

<< < (2/10) > >>

BarensMom:
If this was inside the church, I'd say the priest had reason to rebuke the videographers.  However, outside the church, no, he was rude.

Katana_Geldar:
If it was such a solemn ceremony, why is the first thing you see is the preposterous making a joke and the bride and groom making funny faces?

ettiquit:
How unfortunate. That would have upset me enough to make it hard to enjoy the rest of my wedding.

Knitterly:

--- Quote from: BarensMom on September 20, 2013, 02:47:12 AM ---If this was inside the church, I'd say the priest had reason to rebuke the videographers.  However, outside the church, no, he was rude.

--- End quote ---

When I first saw this post, I thought it would have been inside a church.  I would have still thought the priest was rude, but that it was outside makes it simply unconscionable.

The poor couple looks horrified - the groom especially.

Margo:
 I think it depends on the circumstances, and on what had been discussed beforehand. I don't think that it being outside makes it less rude than if it were in a church.  **IF** the priest had made it clear to the couple and the photographers in advance that it was not appropriate, then I would consider that it is the photographers who were rude, not the priest.

At various weddings I have been to the officiant has made an announcement at the start - typically asking people not to take photos during the ceremony itself, and I would expect it to be something discussed with the couple ahead of time, too.

Regardless of the religious issue, if the photographers were behind the priest I would think they'd be pretty distracting for the couple, and for the congregation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version