Author Topic: Company App on Your Personal Smartphone?  (Read 8172 times)

katycoo

Re: Company App on Your Personal Smartphone?
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2013, 11:47:08 PM »
When my job decided it was time to give me a phone, I had 2 options - they would pay for my bills for my existing personal smartphone, or they would buy me the same one they got for everyone else with a new number, completely separate from my personal phone. I chose option #2, and amuse my friends that I run around with 2 different smart phones pretty much all the time. :-)

Mine just gave me the phone adn permission to use it personally.  I chose to ditch my personal phone.  I'm not doing anything with the phone that woudl worry me if work had a hold of it, and I trust the staff we have not to steal private info.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2013, 12:09:14 AM »
Actually, I probably could have gotten the shiny new phone as a replacement for my existing phone, but I like my existing phone better. And while I'm not too worried about work having my personal info, anything I put on my work phone is theoretically subject to the Freedom of Information Act, and the news does not need to know how many times a day DH and I text kisses to each other. (Literally, we'll type "smooch" or "kiss kiss")
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

snowdragon

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2013, 01:45:54 PM »
I would have refused, too. I just invested in my first really good smartphone. ( an upgrade from the cheapest LG had to offer to an iphone5s) and I would be livid if my job tried to put something on it.  Sorry, work and my life are separate.

katycoo

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2013, 09:48:41 PM »
Actually, I probably could have gotten the shiny new phone as a replacement for my existing phone, but I like my existing phone better. And while I'm not too worried about work having my personal info, anything I put on my work phone is theoretically subject to the Freedom of Information Act, and the news does not need to know how many times a day DH and I text kisses to each other. (Literally, we'll type "smooch" or "kiss kiss")

Mine personal texts probably are too.  But I'm counting on never being interesting enough that someone would make an FOI application against my phone.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2013, 10:08:17 PM »

Mine personal texts probably are too.  But I'm counting on never being interesting enough that someone would make an FOI application against my phone.

Yea, but you never know what someone will decide to find interesting...
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

katycoo

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2013, 02:25:49 AM »

Yea, but you never know what someone will decide to find interesting...

I suppose not.  But I'm not saying anything which would:-

A. Incriminate me in any way
B. Embarrass me particularly if it became public; or
C. That I would even care that much if it became public.

So i figure its safe.