Author Topic: There are still honest people out there - Round 2  (Read 1231 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
There are still honest people out there - Round 2
« on: September 20, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »
A homeless man in Boston found a bag outside a shopping center, which contained a passport, and 40K in cash and traveler's checks. He turned it in. He said no matter how much he might have needed or could have used the $$, it wasn't right.

And now, over 100K in donations for him have been collected.

Jones

Re: There are still honest people out there - Round 2
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 02:57:19 PM »
There are some very pleasant stories out there this week, it's a refreshing change. :)

I read a story yesterday about a Dairy Queen worker. Worker was helping a blind man, who dropped a $20 bill; a woman grabbed the bill from the floor and put it into her purse. The DQ worker asked her to return it, she refused and argued, and he had her leave the establishment. DQ worker then gave the blind man $20 of his own money. Another patron wrote a letter praising the worker and sent it to the manager.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
Re: There are still honest people out there - Round 2
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 05:58:22 PM »
There are some very pleasant stories out there this week, it's a refreshing change. :)

I read a story yesterday about a Dairy Queen worker. Worker was helping a blind man, who dropped a $20 bill; a woman grabbed the bill from the floor and put it into her purse. The DQ worker asked her to return it, she refused and argued, and he had her leave the establishment. DQ worker then gave the blind man $20 of his own money. Another patron wrote a letter praising the worker and sent it to the manager.
I heard about that and that Warren Buffet called and invited him to a shareholder meeting.