Author Topic: Re: Shoe Shopping Ambush UPDATE PG 6  (Read 13242 times)

Craftymom

Re: Shoe Shopping Ambush UPDATE PG 6
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2013, 07:18:13 AM »
I'm about five foot nothing...LOL.  I will just call one of you tall ladies over when I need to reach something on a shelf at the grocery.

POD!

I, too am 5 foot nothing. My usual question when needing to reach something while shopping or at work is,
"Excuse me, could I borrow your height?"

CakeEater

« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2013, 07:57:59 AM »
I'm also a 6"tall woman, but there's no way I could wear heels - I'd fall over and break my butt.

But my cousin, also female and 6", wears giant heels and towers over me. I love it.

OP, I sometimes feel a bit self-conscious about being so tall, but it's really part of my identity now, and I wouldn't feel like me if I was shorter. Glad you had a good day!

Kaesha

« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2013, 08:00:33 AM »
At 5'11" myself, I may or may not have called my man and put him on speaker phone to tell the lady exactly how he felt about me wearing high heels!

She would have regretted saying that, believe me, because he was not shy and had NO language filters at all.  There would have been an extremely TMI description of how he felt about women's legs, their feet and just plain ol' women in general.  RRRar!

Rock,'em, girl!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:03:04 AM by Kaesha »
Living in Colorado but missing Oregon...
When the butterfly emerges, does the caterpillar cease to exist?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2013, 08:26:42 AM »
I'm 5'2", and unfortunately missed out on the height gene (I have one great uncle who's over 6' and that family line tends to be taller) and I'm not terribly good about walking around in heels unless it's boots with a wide heel but I don't even wear those much.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

lowspark

« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2013, 08:30:14 AM »
I'm about five foot nothing...LOL.  I will just call one of you tall ladies over when I need to reach something on a shelf at the grocery.

POD!

I, too am 5 foot nothing. My usual question when needing to reach something while shopping or at work is,
"Excuse me, could I borrow your height?"

I'm 5'3" and my younger son is 6'2". Whenever I need something high (and he's around, not as often these days) I say, "Will you please come over here and be tall?"

I like being short. Never wished I could be tall. I think ya gotta be happy with who you are.
I do wear heels, although less for height than for fashion.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:43:48 AM by lowspark »

oogyda

« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2013, 08:36:13 AM »
I love that this happened so closely on the *heels* of your encounter with heel-hater. 
It's not what we gather along the way that matters.  It's what we scatter.

Petticoats

« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2013, 09:46:26 AM »
I love that this happened so closely on the *heels* of your encounter with heel-hater.

I see what you did there. :D

Awesome follow-up, OP! It is amazing how much one kind person can improve one's day. I hope karma rewards this guy.

Eden

« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2013, 10:12:16 AM »
OP, I think it's sweet the cashier noticed how touched you were.