Author Topic: Is it okay to back out of committment in this instance?  (Read 6484 times)

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
Re: Is it okay to back out of committment in this instance?
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2013, 03:25:16 PM »

Getting a cab to the airport is a little trickier than getting one from the airport. 

Is it? Can you not call a local cab company and arrange for them to pick them up from your house? I'd have thought it was actually easier, because you don't have to wait around for a cab to become free.

For one thing, you're on a tighter schedule getting to the airport as you have to make a flight-- not a lot of room for error.  And secondly, there are already cabs there.  Spealing of "error" calling a cab company to pick you up at home only works if you trust them enough to actually send a cab.

If I had planned on having a friend take me to the airport and they reneged, it would take me a lot more work to find a reliable ride there than to find one home.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Is it okay to back out of committment in this instance?
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2013, 04:21:11 PM »
I had the lovely experience of calling a cab to take me to the airport for an early flight. As my pickup time rolled around, they called to say they wouldn't come.

I was able to get there via public transportation, but with heavy bags and irritation, I was NOT a happy camper.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls