Author Topic: You're in my spot..  (Read 6652 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: You're in my spot..
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »
That is what I want to do, just our family name in a frame to use on everything. Camping boxes, gear, chairs, coolers, etc.

amylouky

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2013, 12:12:24 PM »
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/hard-arm-chair-2013/prod7770072.ip

My chair. :) It doesn't look like anything special but it's soooo comfy.

cwm

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2013, 12:19:20 PM »

No, that does look EXTREMELY comfy.

My biggest problem with most camp chairs is the weird thing the bars do under my thighs, it ends up cutting off blood supply and hurting. That doesn't appear to have that problem. It looks amazing.

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2013, 12:20:40 PM »
Camping chairs are dear to my heart because when I was single, in my 20s, I moved a lot. I needed light furniture that I could move myself. My only living room seating was a camping chair. And then I added a second camping chair, this time with a head rest and foot rest! I still have them and use them outdoors at summer concerts. My husband gripes about the one with the foot rest because it takes up more room, but I love it because I sat on it nightly for years watching TV and eating dinner.

amylouky

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2013, 12:28:33 PM »

No, that does look EXTREMELY comfy.

My biggest problem with most camp chairs is the weird thing the bars do under my thighs, it ends up cutting off blood supply and hurting. That doesn't appear to have that problem. It looks amazing.

It doesn't! I have that problem too, but this chair is really wide. At one point this weekend, my DS4, my DS5, and my 7 y/o niece were all sitting in it. :)  It also has a mesh back piece (but it's not flimsy) so it doesn't get as sweaty as some of the other chairs.

White Lotus

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2013, 12:51:47 PM »
My dad says "Hike!" with a hitch-hiking thumb gesture to get people to move out of HIS spots.  I have no idea where he picked that up, but now we all say it.  One can be quite blunt if one is pleasant and slightly humorous.  "Move it or lose it" is another he uses.  I think the English expressions must have tickled him when learning the language.  Camp etiquette for us -- we have two regular trips a year with the Prof's family --  is to use any chair until its owner claims it, then move, and it is fine to claim it bluntly as above.  People are territorial and I have never found claiming one's own to be a problem or require an explanation, nor does anyone think it rude.  I might tell a small child we can share, and to sit on my lap or snuggle in next to me once I am settled.  We have had Great Chairs appear, everyone loves them, but defers to the owner, asks where they were purchased, and then everyone has them the next time.  We do defer to the aged, infirm or pregnant if the Great Chair is significantly better for them, and revert to the older model, barring personal special needs.  I have never seen anybody in our group not cheerfully relinquish a chair to its owner, however, special needs or no.

TylerBelle

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2013, 06:59:47 PM »
I've been camping a couple of times with friends where one guy would bring a couple of those 'banana' lounge chairs, and a couple would bring canvas stools (the small, foldable, no-back kind). The stool-bringing couple seemed to always go for the lounge chairs, though I don't know if the commandeering of them bothered the guy who brought them, he didn't say a word. I lucked out with my low-to-the-ground beach chair, that most longer-legged folks wouldn't have the easiest time getting in and out of. :)

I don't think it's rude to politely ask someone to move on. I agree with those, too, who say you should mark it somehow (ala director's chair) and/or place something like sweater or towel on it. You really shouldn't have to, for your chair should be waiting as you left it, but it's good to have those ideas backing you up as need be. :D
Always be on the lookout for wonder. --E.B. White