A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

Non-fast food drive thrus

(1/44) > >>

Katana_Geldar:
In Australia, we have drive thrus but it's just for places like McDonald's or KFC. But from what I have heard, drive thrus are a bit if a thing over in the US, even for banks and wedding chapel ps.

Honestly, I find this not only odd but rather lazy. Is it too much trouble to get out if the car?

I do admit, the donut-shaped drive thru one if my friends told me about when she visited LA sounded fun.

Yvaine:
Banks, yes. It's generally not because people are "lazy" but because they're in a hurry.

The wedding chapel drive-thrus are kind of a gimmick. I don't know of any outside Las Vegas; it's a quirk that's unique to that city, which is a city of many quirks. You won't find one on every corner.

Katana_Geldar:
But we don't have coffee drive thrus or drive thrus for ANYTHING else except for American fast food. I doubt even Oporto, a local burger chain, has it.

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: Katana_Geldar on September 24, 2013, 06:59:47 PM ---But we don't have coffee drive thrus or drive thrus for ANYTHING else except for American fast food. I doubt even Oporto, a local burger chain, has it.

--- End quote ---

Most of our local burger chains don't either. It's mostly just banks and fast food here too.

veronaz:
I’m not real fond of drive-thrus, but I can understand why they exist.

Aside from fast food, lines in banks and pharmacies are usuallylong and slow-moving.  Business can service more customers if they have a drive-thru.  Of course, there is always the transaction which, for whatever reason, takes up more time - even in a druive-thru.

People with several young children in the car sometimes prefer to use the drive thru.  So it’s not necessarily laziness.

The drive thru wedding chapels are a novelty.  Certainly not something seen often (if at all) outside Vegas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version