A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

Non-fast food drive thrus

<< < (2/44) > >>

Oh Joy:
Pharmacies!  I love being able to drop off and pick up my prescriptions without getting out of the car.  Either I've got sick kids with me who would be happier snuggled in their carseats than waiting inside, or I'm not feeling fantastic and would rather not care whether I'm looking terribly presentable.

hobish:

--- Quote from: Katana_Geldar on September 24, 2013, 06:52:26 PM ---In Australia, we have drive thrus but it's just for places like McDonald's or KFC. But from what I have heard, drive thrus are a bit if a thing over in the US, even for banks and wedding chapel ps.

Honestly, I find this not only odd but rather lazy. Is it too much trouble to get out if the car?I do admit, the donut-shaped drive thru one if my friends told me about when she visited LA sounded fun.

--- End quote ---

Is that really necessary? You have already posted once about not liking how Americans speak, and now you want to call us lazy. What gives?

nuit93:
If I've got pets in the car, I'd rather use the drive-through and keep the car running then have to risk leaving them out even for a short time.

Luci:
When I was younger, I ran a lot of errands on my bicycle, so often it was better to use the drive-through for simple bank transactions.

I wasn't lazy. There was no place to lock my bicycle like there was at the grocery store and or pharmacy. I admit it was kind of nice not to have to get the kid in and out of the child carrier if I had one with me.

I would never call anyone who takes advantage of any drive-thru "lazy". Even with a handicap placard, it may be easier for some to be able to skip that one time of having to get in and out of the car which can often times be that "much trouble", the driver may be just exhausted from a hard day, have a small injury that doesn't allow a handicap plackard (sprained ankle with binding and crutches, for example),and sometimes when the line is short, the drive-thru may be faster than going inside.

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: Oh Joy on September 24, 2013, 07:08:09 PM ---Pharmacies!  I love being able to drop off and pick up my prescriptions without getting out of the car.  Either I've got sick kids with me who would be happier snuggled in their carseats than waiting inside, or I'm not feeling fantastic and would rather not care whether I'm looking terribly presentable.

--- End quote ---

Oh yes, I forgot pharmacies. I think that's a really handy place to have them. It's easier for the sick person because they don't have to come all the way in, and might help prevent the spread of disease too!

--- Quote from: hobish on September 24, 2013, 07:08:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: Katana_Geldar on September 24, 2013, 06:52:26 PM ---In Australia, we have drive thrus but it's just for places like McDonald's or KFC. But from what I have heard, drive thrus are a bit if a thing over in the US, even for banks and wedding chapel ps.

Honestly, I find this not only odd but rather lazy. Is it too much trouble to get out if the car?I do admit, the donut-shaped drive thru one if my friends told me about when she visited LA sounded fun.

--- End quote ---

Is that really necessary? You have already posted once about not liking how Americans speak, and now you want to call us lazy. What gives?

--- End quote ---

This too. OP, you seem to have started this out in an antagonistic way and I'm not really sure why.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version