Author Topic: No kids allowed  (Read 10086 times)

LeveeWoman

Re: No kids allowed
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »
Yes, it was over-the-top, and for that I apologize. As I posted further, I was basing my post on the horrific behavior I witnessed at an Oktoberfest. That was the first, and last, Oktoberfest I attended.

Where I was raised, and where I live now, minors--even those accompanied by their parents--are not allowed in liquor stores or bars. This, plus that particular Oktoberfest, colored, and clouded, my perspective.

Again, I apologize.

Paper Roses

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2013, 11:54:54 PM »
Isn't "911 on speed-dial" a little redundant?
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2013, 04:03:41 AM »
Isn't "911 on speed-dial" a little redundant?

To answer your question, no, but that's neither here nor there. LeveeWoman has apologized and there is no reason to belabor the issue. Move on.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

SCAJAfamily

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2013, 10:52:19 AM »
I went to the Octoberfest adults only party.  Not everyone listened.

The hosts had their own two daughters there (12 and 5).  They were out and about mingling for an hour then I think they went and watched TV. 

One other couple brought their 7 and 11 yo boys.  The 11 yo is A's friend. 
11 yo:  Where is A?
me:  He's at home.
11 yo:  Why?
me:  Because the invitation said adults only.
11 yo:  Oh
The mom was right there listening.  She ignored the conversation.  The whole family was still there at 10pm.  The boys never bugged anyone and I barely saw them after that conversation.

One mom brought her two daughters, probably 5 and 7.  The hostess asked:  "You couldn't get a babysitter?" to which the mom said "Oh it'll be fine."  Hostess said nothing after that.  It really wasn't fine because these girls were everywhere and mom kept trying to shoo them away.  They left after an hour.
SCAJAfamily = dd S 22, ds C 15, ds A 12, dh J and myself dw A