Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Arranging Transportation for the Elderly and Non-Drivers

<< < (9/9)

sammycat:
RubyCat (((HUGS))) 

I have a family friend in a similar situation and I've watched how hard it has been on her and the rest of the family. I applaud you for letting your daughter feel the effects of her actions by not going and picking her up for the parry. I wish my friend would try a bit more of the 'tough love' technique, but she rarely does, and other innocent people have to put up with the results.

LadyL:

--- Quote from: RubyCat on September 29, 2013, 08:07:51 PM ---She has a couple of different diagnoses going on, one of which is schizoaffective disorder and if she suffered from only that, I think she'd be doing well as she seems to be learning to manage it pretty well.  Unfortunately she was also diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.  She seems to love to stir up trouble.  When she was living in a group home, I can recall her laughing and telling me how she would pit one girl against another and then sit back and watch them fight.  It's gotten to the point where I don't believe at least half of what she tells me.  She's done many other things.  I even had to press charges on her for something very serious when she was still a teen that got her sent away to residential treatment.  She knows right from wrong but will often choose wrong and not care about who gets hurt until it comes back to effect her.

Her sisters are tired of the never ending drama and don't have anything left to give.  They've been through hell.  And to be honest, I'm pretty much done, too. 

--- End quote ---

::HUGS::

I am familiar with BPD and you have my sympathies, it can be very tough. My clinician friend calls people like your daughter "social terrorists." I agree with the others who say that your daughter may deserve sympathy and compassion but that also allowing her to experience the natural consequences of her behavior seems like the healthiest option for your family.

mbbored:

--- Quote from: LadyL on October 08, 2013, 12:18:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: RubyCat on September 29, 2013, 08:07:51 PM ---She has a couple of different diagnoses going on, one of which is schizoaffective disorder and if she suffered from only that, I think she'd be doing well as she seems to be learning to manage it pretty well.  Unfortunately she was also diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.  She seems to love to stir up trouble.  When she was living in a group home, I can recall her laughing and telling me how she would pit one girl against another and then sit back and watch them fight.  It's gotten to the point where I don't believe at least half of what she tells me.  She's done many other things.  I even had to press charges on her for something very serious when she was still a teen that got her sent away to residential treatment.  She knows right from wrong but will often choose wrong and not care about who gets hurt until it comes back to effect her.

Her sisters are tired of the never ending drama and don't have anything left to give.  They've been through hell.  And to be honest, I'm pretty much done, too. 

--- End quote ---

::HUGS::

I am familiar with BPD and you have my sympathies, it can be very tough. My clinician friend calls people like your daughter "social terrorists." I agree with the others who say that your daughter may deserve sympathy and compassion but that also allowing her to experience the natural consequences of her behavior seems like the healthiest option for your family.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. I think it's very considerate to arrange transportation for the disabled and/or elderly. However, somebody young and able bodied should be able to arrange their own transportation to events. If your daughter got along with her sisters, that could include asking one of them for a ride. However, she does need to deal with the consequences of her behavior. If she wants to attend a family event, she should take a bus, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version