Author Topic: former NFL player Brian Holloway, his house and his response  (Read 4535 times)

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
former NFL player Brian Holloway, his house and his response
« on: September 26, 2013, 04:42:06 PM »
Apparently not too long ago, a bunch (as in about 300) of teens broke into former NFL player Brian Holloway's second home (he doesn't live there, and it was up for sale) and had a huge party. but not just a party, they also severely vandalized the house - breaking windows, putting hole in ceilings, urinating all over, spray painting, etc to the tune of $20k in damages. They also stole from the house. The teens tweeted and posted to Facebook pictures and descriptions of what they were doing, as they were doing it.

Mr Holloway's response was not to press charges, but rather to start a website where he reposted the teens photos (which he got off their own Twitter and Facebook pages). He also invited them all to a picnic at the house to help clean it up. And he basically said he hoped to hep them fin better ways to spend their time.

The response from the teen's parents was... outrage at Mr Holloway!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ex-nfl-player-home-trashed-hundreds-partying-teens-article-1.1460006
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ex-nfl-star-face-lawsuits-parents-house-crashing-teens-article-1.1462008
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-lynch/an-open-letter-to-the-parents-of-the-stephentown-300_b_3983962.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

onyonryngs

Re: former NFL player Brian Holloway, his house and his response
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 04:59:46 PM »
Those parents should be ashamed of themselves.  They had a chance to teach their kids a lesson.  Pathetic.

Hillia

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 05:01:24 PM »
He's fed up with all of them and is pressing charges.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Library Dragon

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 05:05:07 PM »
He was more gracious and willing to forgive than I would have been.  No wonder the teens thought they had the "right" to trash his house with that type of parental attitude. 

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 06:41:14 PM »

Good.  I was more angry with the parents than the teenagers (which I was pretty darn angry with, so that's saying something).

Iris

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 07:21:21 PM »

Good.  I was more angry with the parents than the teenagers (which I was pretty darn angry with, so that's saying something).

Pod.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 07:27:43 PM »
I am angry at both the teenagers and their parents for not using this as a lesson.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 07:48:55 PM »
Those parents should be ashamed of themselves.  They had a chance to teach their kids a lesson.  Pathetic.

I hope the DA finds a way to charge the parents (accessory after the fact, conspiracy, trying to intimidate the victim) as well as the kids (as adults)  with felonies locks them up for a long time. I grew up around people like this they are basically high functioning sociopaths other people aren't real and exist only to serve them.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 10:54:56 PM »
I told my husband about this when I read about it the other day.  He was a normal level of shocked.  But, then his high school had more than the normal number of snots like that.  Then I added the part about the stolen grave marker for the grandbaby.  He was speechless. 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 09:34:45 AM »
6 arrests have been made and only one of the people arrested was a juvenile, the remainder aged 18 - 21 are all legal adults and will be charged as such.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 09:45:04 AM »
One of the best updates I've read.
One of the parent's complaints was that him going public would effect the chance at a good college.  With an arrest record, a college is a lot more likely to take notice. 

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 09:55:59 AM »
One of the parent's complaints was that him going public would effect the chance at a good college.  With an arrest record, a college is a lot more likely to take notice.

"How dare that man show colleges what my child is really like!"
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 09:57:37 AM »
Did the parents forget it was their darling angels who went public themselves?  All the football player was re-post pictures that were already in the world wide web.  With parents like these, no wonder the kids turned out to be entitled idiot criminals.

Hillia

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 10:00:14 AM »
Even better:  the ringleader, who organized the party and got the ball rolling, is a friend of the victim's son and had lived with them a few years ago as a teenager going through some unspecified rough times.  He's 19, so adult charges.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 10:04:48 AM »
Honestly I think good colleges should take this list and toss their applications in the trash as they come in. Same with that school were the kids were caught cheating, teacher failed them, admin caved to parents and gave the kids (I do mean gave) high grades, teachers resigned. I felt every application from that school should have been dumped in the trash - and that the school should not have been allowed to issue diplomas because the admin was giving out grades.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future