Author Topic: former NFL player Brian Holloway, his house and his response  (Read 4763 times)

BeagleMommy

Re: former NFL player Brian Holloway, his house and his response
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »
I saw this on the Today show and was outraged at how Mr. Holloway was being treated by the parents of these miscreants.

He didn't damage their child's chances of getting into college; they did it themselves when they posted the pictures.

Any time I see something like this I hear Judge Marilyn Milian from The People's Court saying "Say it forget it, write it regret it".

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 10:48:45 AM »
The entire scenario is disturbing, more so that they stole the grave marker for his infant grandson.  :'(

Goosey

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
The stupidity abounds. Not only to think that vandalizing someone's property was cool, but to then post pictures of yourself participating in illegal activity? What did they think was going to happen here?

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 12:08:09 PM »
The stupidity abounds. Not only to think that vandalizing someone's property was cool, but to then post pictures of yourself participating in illegal activity? What did they think was going to happen here?

Why should someone this stupid be "allowed" to attend college when there are so many more smart young adults that would love to go?  Anyone this stupid should be assigned menial labor work until they grow some good sense and earn the right to go!

They obviously thought nothing would happen - these sound like prima donna's that have never been corrected in their lives, what is the world coming to?

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 05:30:16 PM »
Now it is coming out that the age range is 17-21. 
So, past High School stupidity. 

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 07:48:33 PM »
Even better:  the ringleader, who organized the party and got the ball rolling, is a friend of the victim's son and had lived with them a few years ago as a teenager going through some unspecified rough times.  He's 19, so adult charges.

Ouch. Mr. Holloway and his family took this kid into their home and this is what they get.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Aquamarine

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2013, 10:36:43 AM »
The parents are pathetic.  Personally in the face of their reactions I would be changing my mind, pressing charges and holding the parents of minor children financially responsible for the shenanigans.  Let's see how they feel about their precious ones (minor and adult) being slapped with a criminal record.  Let's see, trespassing, destruction of property, underage drinking what whatever else the police can find, after all thanks to the kids there are pictures galore out there for evidence.

No good deed goes unpunished it seems.  The parents were unhappy with the first solution to the problem so I don't see why the owner can't come up with another solution.

If I turn the other cheek and forgive only for it to be "slapped" I sure won't present the other one to be slapped, it's game on.
Always be polite, even to nasty people. Not because they are nice, but because you are.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2013, 12:41:59 PM »
The parents are pathetic.  Personally in the face of their reactions I would be changing my mind, pressing charges and holding the parents of minor children financially responsible for the shenanigans.  Let's see how they feel about their precious ones (minor and adult) being slapped with a criminal record.  Let's see, trespassing, destruction of property, underage drinking what whatever else the police can find, after all thanks to the kids there are pictures galore out there for evidence.

No good deed goes unpunished it seems.  The parents were unhappy with the first solution to the problem so I don't see why the owner can't come up with another solution.

If I turn the other cheek and forgive only for it to be "slapped" I sure won't present the other one to be slapped, it's game on.

He has turned it over to the police and there have been several arrests, including the ringleader who is facing some felony charges. It's really sad that the parents didn't take Mr Holloway's offer of a solution that avoided the legal system.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2013, 01:20:46 PM »
Only 4 students showed up to help put the house to rights.    Mr. Holloway posted a copy of the arrest warrant, but I'm not sure if they are exempt from the charges.

AnaMaria

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 09:42:51 PM »
One of the best updates I've read.
One of the parent's complaints was that him going public would effect the chance at a good college.  With an arrest record, a college is a lot more likely to take notice.

As if a child who thinks one kind of thing is okay has a CHANCE at surviving college life- first wild house party they get into will probably get them put in jail or the emergency room.

kglory

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 11:40:19 PM »
This is how Sean Taylor got killed.

Teens breaking in when they thought no one was home, then panicking when he was home after all and fatally shooting him.  This not just minor vandalism - it is CRIMINAL. 

Mikayla

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 03:07:02 PM »
Wow, I hadn't read that about the grave marker.

I really hope Holloway pursues civil charges, as well, against the 19 year old and the parents of the minors.  I don't even want to know how or why they decided their "kids" were victimized in this, but if common decency and values don't give them the clue-by-4 they obviously need, a direct hit to the savings account might do the trick.  Unreal.