Author Topic: where did all the old threads go?  (Read 1816 times)

kansha

where did all the old threads go?
« on: September 27, 2013, 04:37:37 PM »
i had a post bookmarked with the DQ saga thread links, and all of those topics no longer exist?  :-[

squeakers

Re: where did all the old threads go?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 08:06:31 PM »
Forum was cleared of a lot of old threads last month.  It was to help with the problem of the forum crashing all the time.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
The DQ thread OP doesn't even post on this forum anymore, and hasn't for a really really long time.

kansha

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 09:27:01 PM »
why does that matter?  i remembered the story/characters, and just wanted to re-read... :-[

squeakers

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 09:28:08 PM »
The DQ thread OP doesn't even post on this forum anymore, and hasn't for a really really long time.

The majority of her posts are still on here... just the DQ posts were wiped (as far as I could tell.. wasn't looking for any other posts she might have made that are now gone).  Yes, I am that nosy and went looking to be helpful and post the urls to that saga.  But.. gone.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

cabbageweevil

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 08:52:36 AM »
Forum was cleared of a lot of old threads last month.  It was to help with the problem of the forum crashing all the time.

I regret the disappearance of so many old threads -- have mentioned the matter, in the "Glitches, errors, problems" sub-section.  However; what must be, must be, I suppose...

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 09:06:35 AM »
I understand why it's done since I hate when the site freeze or slow down, but it's a shame newcomers can't read about some of the infamous "recurring characters."

Curious Cat

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »
They might want to delete some more threads than because I have had numerous problems trying to log on in the last couple of days. Odd times too like 11 pm EST on  Friday night.

Luci45

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 10:30:36 AM »
I'm wondering if they are doing a weekly maintenance  on Friday evenings. I've had that happen 3 weeks in a row and now just take it as matter of course. No eHell late Friday evening. I'm fine with it, particularly if it keeps things running smoothly the rest of the time and is consistent.

cabbageweevil

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 11:07:49 AM »
I understand why it's done since I hate when the site freeze or slow down, but it's a shame newcomers can't read about some of the infamous "recurring characters."

I was never a very great DQ fan -- but there was splendid other material which I sorely miss.  Well, "life is change"; and there's more available stuff on the Internet to enjoyably waste time on, than there are hours in the day in which to waste it.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »
I'm wondering if they are doing a weekly maintenance  on Friday evenings. I've had that happen 3 weeks in a row and now just take it as matter of course. No eHell late Friday evening. I'm fine with it, particularly if it keeps things running smoothly the rest of the time and is consistent.

We discovered that there was a scheduled maintenance function happening on Friday evenings, starting about 10:20 pm EST, that appeared to lock up an entire table it was optimizing.   We have disabled that function for the time being.