Author Topic: Short changed at a restaurant  (Read 16863 times)

Curious Cat

Re: Short changed at a restaurant
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2013, 01:45:24 PM »
I have personally never, ever been to a restaurant where the server didn't have easy access to change. I've traveled quite a bit over a good number of countries and eat out often.

I'm not calling you a liar, just saying that you do seem to have very limited experience to a certain kind of serving, so I'm not sure the "but it's so hard for servers to get change" excuse flies either. Even if it's more difficult for that server to get change, that's no excuse for a server not to bring change to the person waiting for it.

this ^^ 

i've lived in and traveled through a lot of places,  everywhere has had a till and i've been brought all of my change

I've traveled quite a bit as well and have never experienced what Turtledove is talking about *for waitstaff*  My cousin is a "shot girl" in Miami and her experience is similar to what TD is talking about - she doesn't have access to a till/must carry her own change.  However this is absolutely the only time I have heard of this ( all over the US as well as Europe, Mexico and the Carribean) and I really don't think it is relevent to the discussion because it is such a unique situation.

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
Re: Short changed at a restaurant
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2013, 02:22:05 PM »
Locked, to put an end to the ridiculous nit- picking.