General Etiquette > Family and Children

polite way to express displeasure?

(1/7) > >>

LilacGirl1983:
Hey ladies I am so upset. I try not to post to much since I know some of you are in worse spots or have more on your plate. We had to use a daycare for a couple of hours until my SIL could pick up baby boy since my hubby graduated from college today! When I got there the house was cluttered. There were two other babies there sitting in bouncy chairs..Some things she said (we never met) 1) he favors one side and recommended a chiropractor, 2) her cats like to chew the nipples off bottles ?!? 3) Asked me if he crawled yet? No he is 3 months then does he roll? No he is 3 months does he sit on his own? What part of he is only 3 months is confusing? (Didnt say that) I told her I just changed him but I think he is wet. And gave her his bottle 4) does he need it warmed up? I told her yes...but thats not what upset me a lot

My SIL picked him up 2 hours later..his diaper is soaked..she never changed him..his onsie around the armpits and neckline were soaked..she didnt change him into his spare clothes..there was another baby just left in a pack and play in the back room..she was originally in the bouncer..She had 9 other kids there. The fact she let my poor son sit in a soaking wet diaper for hours and clothes..makes me see red!

My SIL gave him a bath and comforted him..he was sleeping when she picked him up..I am thinking of reporting it to licensing? Am I being over dramatic? Should I contact her first or go straight to licensing? I need some help framing it politely about how upset I am to licensing since I know they tend to downplay things so I need polite but firm statements in letter format. Not sure how to even go about it?

kherbert05:
Was this a drop in situation. Honestly the cat comment would have cause me to flee with the child. I would file a report.

sammycat:
Yikes! Yes, definitely file a report.

BarensMom:
There's no way that sitter should have been watching NINE kids by herself.  My mother ran a daycare back in the 60's and even back then, there limits on the number of children one sitter could watch at a time.  Definitely report her to the licensing board.

*inviteseller:
I would not have left my child personally.  But just make a bullet point list of your grievances for when you call so you have your thoughts together and can stay emotionally even.  Have you ever used this person before?  If not, may I suggest the next day care you use, you do a visit ahead of time and talk to them so you know what you are facing and there are no surprises. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version