Author Topic: polite way to express displeasure?  (Read 5660 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: polite way to express displeasure?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 01:43:42 PM »
I agree with making a complaint, listing all the issues.

There was a very tragic case near me earlier in the summer where an unlicensed daycare (which means they can only have 5 children not related to the owner/operator) had 29 children in the home.

And I agree with Goosey:  Do your research now so that the next time you have an emergency crop up, you'll have a list of daycares you are willing to use.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

CocoCamm

• Leader of the 3 ring circus
Re: polite way to express displeasure?
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 01:44:22 PM »
I know the point is moot since you have already filed a complaint but my two cents are that you shouldn't complain after the fact about issues that you accepted by virtue of leaving your child in her care. By that I mean you knew about the large number of children and the cat nipple (ewww) thing before you left your child there so you essentially agreed that these things were acceptable to you.

As far as the questioning about your child's developmental abilities kids progress as vastly different rates. More then one poster on here stated that their kids were mobile in some way before the normal age so her asking about that shows to me that she is well aware of kids developmental norms enough to know that just because something is "normal" doesn't mean squat and each child is unique.

I do absolutely think the wetness issue is something that should be addressed. Not sure if going to an authority is the way to go as there is no proof that your child was neglected and the wetness could have occurred shortly before he was picked up for the day.

I do think that alerting the agency that you were misinformed about the licensing was the absolute right thing to do.