General Etiquette > Family and Children

What is the correct response in an unsual family situation?

(1/5) > >>

My biological parent passed away a number of years ago.  I did not live with this parent, and had only infrequent interactions(once or twice a year) with them through the years.  This parent also had children after I was adopted out.  A recent Facebook post came up with them expressing how hard it is without the parent, and they tagged me in it.

I obviously had a different relationship with the BP than they did.  It seems wrong to offer condolences since it was a shared parent.  I just have a bit of sadness when I think about the passing of BP, not the great loss that my half-siblings have.

What is a good response in a situation like this?  So far, I haven't posted.  I tried a couple of times, but couldn't think of something meaningful.

I wouldn't say anything at all.  Instead, I'd quietly untag myself.

--- Quote from: MrTango on October 01, 2013, 08:06:27 AM ---I wouldn't say anything at all.  Instead, I'd quietly untag myself.

--- End quote ---

Eh, I would just not say anything at all.  Untagging might be seen as negative.  I know I never check my notifications and have been tagged and didn't even know it. 

Untag and ignore

You can set your permissions so that no one can tag you without your approval. Too late for right now, but good for going forward.

I'd untag - they're unlikely to notice.

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version