General Etiquette > Family and Children

What is the correct response in an unsual family situation?

(1/5) > >>

Roodabega:
My biological parent passed away a number of years ago.  I did not live with this parent, and had only infrequent interactions(once or twice a year) with them through the years.  This parent also had children after I was adopted out.  A recent Facebook post came up with them expressing how hard it is without the parent, and they tagged me in it.

I obviously had a different relationship with the BP than they did.  It seems wrong to offer condolences since it was a shared parent.  I just have a bit of sadness when I think about the passing of BP, not the great loss that my half-siblings have.

What is a good response in a situation like this?  So far, I haven't posted.  I tried a couple of times, but couldn't think of something meaningful.

MrTango:
I wouldn't say anything at all.  Instead, I'd quietly untag myself.

Zilla:

--- Quote from: MrTango on October 01, 2013, 09:06:27 AM ---I wouldn't say anything at all.  Instead, I'd quietly untag myself.

--- End quote ---

Eh, I would just not say anything at all.  Untagging might be seen as negative.  I know I never check my notifications and have been tagged and didn't even know it. 

PastryGoddess:
Untag and ignore

Goosey:
You can set your permissions so that no one can tag you without your approval. Too late for right now, but good for going forward.

I'd untag - they're unlikely to notice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version