General Etiquette > Family and Children

It's not that we don't like kids...it was your kids specifically.

<< < (2/7) > >>

Zilla:

--- Quote from: Judah on October 01, 2013, 12:10:25 PM ---I see no rudeness by you, but the giggling/smiling after the moms walked outside might have *looked* bad from their perspective. I'm not saying it was, just how it probably looked to them. 

I think you were fine. Next time, though, it might be better to approach an employee to ask the moms to quiet the little kids down instead of asking them directly.

--- End quote ---

While I normally hate to add details afterwards, there are no other employees other than the instructor.  It's literally a two room establishment.  The waiting room and the "class" room which the instructor is in.  (we can see through the glass wall to the room but they can't hear us or us them)

Judah:

--- Quote from: Zilla on October 01, 2013, 12:14:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Judah on October 01, 2013, 12:10:25 PM ---I see no rudeness by you, but the giggling/smiling after the moms walked outside might have *looked* bad from their perspective. I'm not saying it was, just how it probably looked to them. 

I think you were fine. Next time, though, it might be better to approach an employee to ask the moms to quiet the little kids down instead of asking them directly.

--- End quote ---

While I normally hate to add details afterwards, there are no other employees other than the instructor.  It's literally a two room establishment.  The waiting room and the "class" room which the instructor is in.  (we can see through the glass wall to the room but they can't hear us or us them)

--- End quote ---

In that case, strike my suggestion. You were fine. The person who asked them to go outside was fine.

Luci45:
Our kids were 2 1/2 years apart, so often I had to keep the younger in the mom's area while the older took her lesson. I always had coloring for him, or books to read quietly. Sometimes I even would get a couple of other kids sitting on the floor listening politely to me read. Too bad those rude ladies weren't prepared! Their poor little ones must have been bored to tears and had no other way to release the pent up energy and emotions!

You all quiet ones did nothing wrong, as validated by the other ladies and the 'tween. It's kind of rude to laugh behind people's backs, but it was somewhat unavoidable, and I think kind of cool in this case.

(Once I had the whole waiting room enthralled - including senior citizens - while I read "Stand Back," Said the Elephant, "I'm Going to Sneeze!" One of my favorite memories!)

NyaChan:
Did anyone ask them to please keep the noise levels down before asking them to leave?  That's the only thing I can think of that would be a bit off in the situation.  That said - you - didn't do anything at all, so I wouldn't worry.

mime:

--- End quote ---

I'm not disagreeing with this statement, but I think it was good for the disgruntled moms to see a happy waiting room after they left. They should find it hard to hold the belief that they are 'normal' and one mean mom made them go away. They should have to see that they were in the minority and that the waiting room was full of people who were happier without their chaos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version