Author Topic: Taking Food Reserved for Kids - FURTHER CLARIFICATIONS #10, #22  (Read 8116 times)

Redsoil

Re: Taking Food Reserved for Kids - FURTHER CLARIFICATIONS #10, #22
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2013, 11:16:46 AM »
Agree with opinions stating that the hosts were considerate of their invited guests, and the balance was upset by an uninvited guest taking large quantities of limited foods.

However, when it was mentioned that it should have been the duty of the girlfriend to admonish her boyfriend for taking too much food (or pointing out that it was "primarily for the kids, so try this other stuff") I imagined how that would go down.  It's entirely possible that girlfriend didn't know the setup or was unaware of her BF hogging food until after.  Even so, how many here as a young girl, possibly in the early stages of dating this guy, would have had the ability to admonish him?  I certainly couldn't imagine myself doing that as a teen!  Rel@tionships are way too fragile at that age, and confidence factor often too low to assert oneself!
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

jmarvellous

Re: Taking Food Reserved for Kids - FURTHER CLARIFICATIONS #10, #22
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2013, 12:34:57 PM »
Agree with opinions stating that the hosts were considerate of their invited guests, and the balance was upset by an uninvited guest taking large quantities of limited foods.

However, when it was mentioned that it should have been the duty of the girlfriend to admonish her boyfriend for taking too much food (or pointing out that it was "primarily for the kids, so try this other stuff") I imagined how that would go down.  It's entirely possible that girlfriend didn't know the setup or was unaware of her BF hogging food until after.  Even so, how many here as a young girl, possibly in the early stages of dating this guy, would have had the ability to admonish him?  I certainly couldn't imagine myself doing that as a teen!  Rel@tionships are way too fragile at that age, and confidence factor often too low to assert oneself!

Really depends on personality. I distinctly remember coaching boyfriends and even just dates on how to navigate my (occasionally difficult) family and chiding them if they broke one of the unwritten rules I'd told them about. ("Didn't I tell you my mom doesn't tolerate swearing?" "Please keep passing the potatoes.") It wasn't frequent, but I wasn't going to date someone who couldn't cope with being around my family, either.