Author Topic: Yes, I do mind...  (Read 8603 times)

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
Re: Yes, I do mind...
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »
I think it was rude for SIL to even ask.  It implies that the OP's hospitality was not sufficient. 
What kind of kid asks one adult to "make" another adult do something? 

We struggle with this a bit with DD.  We can see her ribs, and we struggle to get her to eat.  Root cause is growth problem that is being treated.  But, it is still hard to say no to any food requests. 

EllenS

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2013, 06:51:49 PM »
I just can't get over the fact that the poor kid probably doesn't even know what the word "dinnertime" means.  Unless meals at her house are different than Grandma's, she may have heard something like "No, I won't make you a sandwich because Blah Blah Blah."

I know parenting styles are different and the kids actually are fed, but the idea that Grandma will not feed you unless you specifically ask for it, upsets me deeply.  Kids should not have to be in charge of their own meal planning.  I know to some people it sounds indulgent, but to me it sounds like Oliver Twist.

"Please sir..."

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2013, 06:58:45 PM »
Actually, that segues into a recent thought I had about this thread--probably she fed her kids (and now her grandkids) this way because she doesn't really cook. So since she's not planning a meal, it's right within her *own* comfort zone to make whatever it is that has specifically come up.

And yeah, of course the kids are asking for specific food. Because she's not being proactive about feeding them--the OP said she "gets up" from whatever she's doing (at dinner time) to go make a single food item.