Forum Administration > Glitches, errors, problems

Can't search? Any idea why not?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Curious Cat:

--- Quote from: Asharah on October 03, 2013, 11:46:36 PM ---Is this EVER going to be fixed. It's been two months already.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

--- End quote ---

This seems not only like an over reaction but really rude to the mods who, I'm sure, are doing everything in their power to fix the situation.  As prior posters pointed out there are other ways of searching, why not give that a try?

Zilla:

--- Quote from: Curious Cat on October 04, 2013, 12:36:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Asharah on October 03, 2013, 11:46:36 PM ---Is this EVER going to be fixed. It's been two months already.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

--- End quote ---

This seems not only like an over reaction but really rude to the mods who, I'm sure, are doing everything in their power to fix the situation.  As prior posters pointed out there are other ways of searching, why not give that a try?

--- End quote ---

And I believe it was mentioned that it could have contributed to the board being unavailable at certain times.  This board has run beautifully since the big fix and I much rather do without the search and keep the board the way it is.  Even when it was working, I still used google to search this site.  It was easier to use anyhow.

veronaz:

--- Quote ---This board has run beautifully since the big fix
--- End quote ---

Actually, quite a few people have ongoing connectivity problems (as posted in another thread).   Iím not sure what, if anything, that has with using the (currently unavailable) search function.

Zilla:

--- Quote from: veronaz on October 04, 2013, 01:02:46 PM ---
--- Quote ---This board has run beautifully since the big fix
--- End quote ---

Actually, quite a few people have ongoing connectivity problems (as posted in another thread).   Iím not sure what, if anything, that has with using the (currently unavailable) search function.

--- End quote ---

Ooh I hadn't read that.  I only had the board unavailable issue in the mornings for a long time and just recently after the fix, I have had zero issues.  I remember the Dame saying that they thought possibly that the search might contribute to the "unavailability" issue and was going to do a bunch of other stuff.  But my answer is the same, if leaving off search helps the board, I personally would be fine with it. 

Off to read the other thread!

cass2591:

--- End quote ---

I understand your frustration but complaining about it doesn't help and only makes you look like a whiner. A much better approach, should you think it's been forgotten about or are curious about an update, is to inquire politely.

And no, I don't have any info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version