Author Topic: Ireland in February  (Read 1671 times)

Chonsil

Re: Ireland in February
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 04:22:49 PM »
Chonsil  I was in Dingle in  2009 and again last year.  It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.   The scenery is amazing  and I have to say the people there are absolutly lovely  (Im biased because my sisters and their families live there)

So glad to hear it. The last time I was there, there was a lot of tourist development starting by way of rental cottages, etc. Which were all very comfortable, and it was great to have quality options to stay in, but did worry it would get too touristy. Nice to hear it is still a beautiful and friendly place.

petal

• Dancing Queen
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 12:22:04 AM »
Chonsil  I was in Dingle in  2009 and again last year.  It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.   The scenery is amazing  and I have to say the people there are absolutly lovely  (Im biased because my sisters and their families live there)

So glad to hear it. The last time I was there, there was a lot of tourist development starting by way of rental cottages, etc. Which were all very comfortable, and it was great to have quality options to stay in, but did worry it would get too touristy. Nice to hear it is still a beautiful and friendly place.

did you go out to see Fungi the dolphin at all?   I didnt the first time since we have dolphins here where i live  but last year I saw him.  He was lovely

Chonsil

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 04:45:36 AM »
 :) No, no Fungi - not enough time unfortunately and wasn't sure I was up for the boat ride!

Nibsey

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 10:42:40 AM »
Here's a (long) list of nice spots to eat in Dublin.

Burger: Bobo's (22 Wexford Street (Beside Whelan's)), Joes burger (4/5 Castle Market)
Sandwiches: Juniors (2 Bath Avenue), The Pig & Heifer (21 City quay)
Fancy: Chapter one (18 Parnell Square North), Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud (21 Upper Merrion Street), Mulberry garden (Donnybrook)
Pub: W.J. Kavanagh's (Near the Mater hospital), The Chop House (2 Shelbourne Rd)
Pizza: Gotham cafe (Anne st), Paulie's Pizza (58 Upper Grand Canal Street)
Chicken: Crackbird (60 Dame Street)
Brunch Odessa (13-14 Dames court)
Italain: Carluccios (52 Dawson Street), Il Primo (16 Montague Street)
French: Green hen (Exchequer st), L’Gueleton (1 Fade St off georges st),
Irish: The Winding stairs (40 Lower Ormond Quay)
Tapas: Salamanca (Dame st & St Andrews st)
Japanese: Yamamori (71-72 south great georges st)
Dim sum: Good World chinese restaurant (18 south great georges st)
Chinese: Manna Chinese Restaurant (Parnell st),
Chinese and Korean: Hilan (45 Capel St)
Noddles: Diep Noddle bar (Mortons, Hatch st)
Mexican: 777 (7 Castle House  S Great Georges St)
Cajun/Creole: Zante Zoe (Crow st)
Sunday Roast: The Exchequer (3-5 Exchequer Street)
Vegetarian: Cafe Fresh (Powerscourt)
Barbecue: Bison bar (11 Wellington Quay)
Steak: Bear (35 South William Street), Rustic stone (17 S Great George's St)
Burrito: Boojum (Millennium Walkway)
Ice cream: Murphys (Wicklow st)
“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”- Douglas Adams
Éire (Ireland)