Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2013  (Read 12208 times)

Nikko-chan

NaNoWriMo 2013
« on: October 06, 2013, 10:12:04 PM »
Okay, it is almost that time of year again. What other Ehellions are doing this? Any of you Municipal Liaisons? What do you think of the NaNo "Flair" this year for social media websites and the like?

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: NaNoWriMo 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 11:06:46 PM »
I am doing it.  I have not even begun to plot.  I'm thinking of taking on a new job.  I don't have time.   I have no clue what I'm writing.

GAH!!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 11:12:50 PM »
Have the beginnings of a plot and I've become *gasp* a plotter! I was always a pantser and now I have crossed over to the darkside. *hugs PastryGoddess and leads over to a cushiony chair and hands a plate of cookies and some tea* There there. Most people do this during NaNo, so just take a deep breath.

AngelicGamer

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 01:07:39 AM »
POD to Nikko!  I even know someone who did it while also writing her master's thesis because she needed a brain break now and then.  She didn't win, but that's because her adviser went off the deep end and she needed to go fully on her thesis.

For me, I've got two plots at the moment.  One's a bit of a murder mystery and the other one is young adult fantasy.  I'm also an overachiever, so I might be doing both during NaNo.  ;D  However, I am also on disability and therefore have a lot of time on my hands.

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 01:40:23 AM »
I'm writing fanfic, though AngelicGamer, like you, I too have a young adult fantasy in the works.

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 01:52:29 AM »
I want to do it, but I am actually going on a holiday overseas soon, and won't be back home until the 8th November. So I suspect I won't be able to start properly writing until then. The most I've written during November is about 27,000 words in 30 days, so I don't rate my chances of writing 50,000 in only 22 days.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 01:59:03 AM »
I want to do it, but I am actually going on a holiday overseas soon, and won't be back home until the 8th November. So I suspect I won't be able to start properly writing until then. The most I've written during November is about 27,000 words in 30 days, so I don't rate my chances of writing 50,000 in only 22 days.

you can take a notebook and handwrite for the first eight days if you'd like, and then count and place it in the counter thing on the site. focus on your 1,667, and working on jotting down a bit of the handwritten per night til you have it all added. (i have done this myself) and really, the adding of the written stuff is only for the end of the month verification.

Library Dragon

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 02:05:04 AM »
I'm thinking of dusting off my half written children's mystery.  We're doing a version of camp NaNoWriMo each Saturday at the library during Oct, Nov, and Dec.  I think it will help motivate me if I'm in a group.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 02:19:48 AM »
I enjoy going to write ins.  I find I write more there, than on my own

AngelicGamer

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 02:28:19 AM »
I'm planning on going to write-ins.  I do wish there were more in the suburbs, but we're slowly getting there.  I agree that it helps a lot to write in a group.

Nikko - I've done fanfic in the past.  It was one of the years that I didn't win, but that was because I didn't really believe that I could do it.  I bet I could do fanfic now and I'm curious which fandom you're writing in.

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

faithlessone

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 03:54:52 AM »
I'm here!

Currently polishing up last year's NaNo so I can write the sequel this year. :)

Cherry91

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 04:52:17 AM »
I'm going to try it for the first time this year! I don't know how successful I'll be, but it's a challenge I'd like to work towards

Reika

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 06:11:15 AM »
I'm going to be giving it a stab this year. Like I need yet another writing project. I have two potential stories, one is a fantasy involving a pair of siblings on the run, the other a cyberpunkish one about a woman trying to reclaim her lost memories.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 06:36:36 AM »
My 7th grader's ELA teacher has them doing this next month.  I'll be interested to see how it goes.  He seems to be excited and overwhelmed about the assignment.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

cwm

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 11:11:45 AM »
Having won last year, I'm definitely doing it again. I've still got last year's novel I'm working on, so I'm just going to reset my word count to zero and work on the second half of it. Trust me, I've still got plenty I can write, and this story has been sitting since I was in high school. It's ready to get the rest of the way out.

I really loved the local write-ins we had last year, and our coordinators are the same people, so I'm looking forward to a lot of the same involvement again. As an added bonus, November is starting on a Friday this year, so I'm going to kick off NaNo with a huge writing weekend. Lock myself in a bedroom, only come out for necessities, and write. I'm better if I get a huge headstart so I can have a few days where if I slack off, I'll be okay.