Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2013  (Read 13211 times)

Yarnspinner

Re: NaNoWriMo 2013
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »
A coworker and I are giving it a shot, though we may not be following the rules exactly.  We each have a novel we tried to write prior to Nanowrimo that never panned out, so we are taking the plots but trying to write fresh without looking at our old stuff.  I feel a desperate creative need these days.....

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 11:29:01 AM »
A coworker and I are giving it a shot, though we may not be following the rules exactly.  We each have a novel we tried to write prior to Nanowrimo that never panned out, so we are taking the plots but trying to write fresh without looking at our old stuff.  I feel a desperate creative need these days.....

The forums are really great.  Definitely check out the adoptable forums.  Don't be shy to ask a question either.  people are really friendly and will jump in with suggestions.

Chip2

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 01:45:39 PM »
I'd planned on participating but enrolled in a high-level course to maintain a professional certification. And, of course, the course requires a lot of writing. So between that and an epic Dragon Age fanfic I'm working on my time is just too limited, so maybe next year...?   :-\

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 01:53:12 PM »
I've been working on a fantasy novel since last year and I've hit a wall and am tired of looking at it.  So I'm going to work on my book idea from a couple of years ago.  The best thing is that it's a romance, with manly men and strong willed women.  I'm having fun just thinking about all the trouble they are going to get in. 

I'm still frustrated because of the job I'm taking and the general lack of time.  But I can do this *deep breath*

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 02:18:29 PM »
I think I'm actually going to participate this year. I have a really interesting fantasy story about a girl whose town was cursed by a witch when she was young. Here's to hoping I can actually do this this time around.

EDIT: Anybody want to be buddies for NaNoWriMo?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:42:29 PM by cabbagegirl28 »

Vita brevis, ars longa

cwm

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 02:47:29 PM »
I'll be buddies with anyone! And I'm going to spam everyone who's following me on Tumblr as well. I leave it out of FB, but I've had some great cheerleader moments from Tumblr last year when I was particularly uninspired otherwise.

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 06:06:09 PM »
If anyone is in MD, I will be at the weekly write-in @ Le Madeline in Columbia on Thursdays.  I'm pretty sure I'm also going to the kick off event in Columbia as well

Nikko-chan

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 06:27:45 PM »
I'm planning on going to write-ins.  I do wish there were more in the suburbs, but we're slowly getting there.  I agree that it helps a lot to write in a group.

Nikko - I've done fanfic in the past.  It was one of the years that I didn't win, but that was because I didn't really believe that I could do it.  I bet I could do fanfic now and I'm curious which fandom you're writing in.

Highlander/Sentinel/Star Wars Jedi Apprentice crossover.... I know I know.

I am the only ML in my region for the year... buuuut I know nothing. Nothing I tell you.

AngelicGamer

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 06:30:58 PM »
I know Highlander and I know Jedi Apprentice (barely).  If I could find Sentinel online, I'd probably watch it.  :D

So, it appears that there are no write-ins planned for where I am.  Boo.  So I am debating putting one together on my own but afraid of nobody coming.  There's also the idea of not knowing where there's a lot of space to just write, outside of the Starbucks that we have around.

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 06:41:53 PM »
I know Highlander and I know Jedi Apprentice (barely).  If I could find Sentinel online, I'd probably watch it.  :D

So, it appears that there are no write-ins planned for where I am.  Boo.  So I am debating putting one together on my own but afraid of nobody coming.  There's also the idea of not knowing where there's a lot of space to just write, outside of the Starbucks that we have around.

I could email you the site to watch the episodes.... and definitely plan a write in... is there an ML for your region? If not, apply next year, and inform them that you held your own write ins... that looks really good on an application for that.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »
My username on the NaNo site is Nikko-chan, so feel free to add me. Can you all post your usernames?

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 07:05:38 PM »
I'm sairose321!

Vita brevis, ars longa

Nikko-chan

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 08:14:26 PM »
I'm sairose321!

Got you added. Was wondering which ehellion had added me!

Reika

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 10:03:42 PM »
I'm LadyReika on NaNoWriMo.

And I think I'm going to write the fantasy I've got floating around in my brain, the cyberpunk story hasn't really gelled.

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 10:48:17 PM »
I want to do it, but I am actually going on a holiday overseas soon, and won't be back home until the 8th November. So I suspect I won't be able to start properly writing until then. The most I've written during November is about 27,000 words in 30 days, so I don't rate my chances of writing 50,000 in only 22 days.

you can take a notebook and handwrite for the first eight days if you'd like, and then count and place it in the counter thing on the site. focus on your 1,667, and working on jotting down a bit of the handwritten per night til you have it all added. (i have done this myself) and really, the adding of the written stuff is only for the end of the month verification.

Thanks! I'm considering doing this. I have a gut feeling however, that with rushing around the USA (in particular, New York and Vegas!) sight-seeing I'm going to be too busy / exhausted to write much. But I will still pack a notebook.