Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2013  (Read 11927 times)

AngelicGamer

Re: NaNoWriMo 2013
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2013, 12:03:07 AM »
I know Highlander and I know Jedi Apprentice (barely).  If I could find Sentinel online, I'd probably watch it.  :D

So, it appears that there are no write-ins planned for where I am.  Boo.  So I am debating putting one together on my own but afraid of nobody coming.  There's also the idea of not knowing where there's a lot of space to just write, outside of the Starbucks that we have around.

I could email you the site to watch the episodes.... and definitely plan a write in... is there an ML for your region? If not, apply next year, and inform them that you held your own write ins... that looks really good on an application for that.

There is because I fall under the big region of Chicago.  I searched to see if there was any smaller region closer to me, but there isn't really.  I could plan stuff under them, but again, the worry about nobody showing up.  I might look into places tomorrow though.

I'm crescentgaia over on the forums.  :)

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2013, 01:00:39 AM »
I know Highlander and I know Jedi Apprentice (barely).  If I could find Sentinel online, I'd probably watch it.  :D

So, it appears that there are no write-ins planned for where I am.  Boo.  So I am debating putting one together on my own but afraid of nobody coming.  There's also the idea of not knowing where there's a lot of space to just write, outside of the Starbucks that we have around.

I could email you the site to watch the episodes.... and definitely plan a write in... is there an ML for your region? If not, apply next year, and inform them that you held your own write ins... that looks really good on an application for that.

There is because I fall under the big region of Chicago.  I searched to see if there was any smaller region closer to me, but there isn't really.  I could plan stuff under them, but again, the worry about nobody showing up.  I might look into places tomorrow though.

I'm crescentgaia over on the forums.  :)

I'm telling you, those ML's will most likely be grateful. There's only what one or two of them, possibly three? They can't cover everywhere at once. Contact them and see if you can set one up where you are and ask if they can add it to the calendar.... they would most likely be happy having unofficial help. I know I would be!

cwm

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
I'm scifinut42 over at the forums. Can't wait to get this whole thing started. But first, I've got to re-read what I wrote last year. I have a good idea, I just need to remember the specifics. And find my two notebooks worth of notes...

ETA: I can't find out how to add anyone as my writing buddy! Can someone help me?

That search button is hard to find. You know, right up at the top of every page.  :-[  :-[  :-[
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:23:53 AM by cwm »

Reika

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2013, 12:25:37 PM »
I'm scifinut42 over at the forums. Can't wait to get this whole thing started. But first, I've got to re-read what I wrote last year. I have a good idea, I just need to remember the specifics. And find my two notebooks worth of notes...

ETA: I can't find out how to add anyone as my writing buddy! Can someone help me?

That search button is hard to find. You know, right up at the top of every page.  :-[  :-[  :-[

Don't worry, it took me a bit of poking around before I figured it out. :)

Garden Goblin

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2013, 01:44:58 PM »
I'm doing it again.  Using the storybook application, so I've got most of my plotting done and scenes planned out.  Way more prepped than usual, so I may actually have something worth reading by the end this time.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2013, 06:26:12 PM »
yay! more people!!! hey Garden Goblin, would you mind posting your NaNo screen name so people can add you as a buddy?

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2013, 09:49:41 PM »
I'm aglaia761

Yarnspinner

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2013, 11:17:01 PM »
I'm Aurora Goodwin.  Hope it's okay, I added you, Nikko Chan, Cabbagegirl and Reika...but I couldn't find Pastry Goddess....
This year I am trying for the "full" experience.....so forums and writing buddies and everything else!

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2013, 11:33:24 PM »
PastryGoddess, I couldn't find you either.

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

PastryGoddess

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2013, 11:35:50 PM »
oh ok.  I'll double check my screen name

ETA...sorry folks it's CourtneyT

Garden Goblin

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2013, 08:24:45 AM »
yay! more people!!! hey Garden Goblin, would you mind posting your NaNo screen name so people can add you as a buddy?

Oh, it's Garden Goblin there too.

cwm

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2013, 10:54:26 AM »
Added all of you. I'm really excited to have so many buddies this year.

Actually, told BF I'd be taking the first weekend hiding out to write a lot and he seemed surprised that it was here again this year. The past year has gone by so fast, but I did this before and durn it I'm doing it again!

Reika

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2013, 12:16:51 PM »
This is the first year I'm actually participating. It'll be interesting to see if I can do the quantity instead of quality thing.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »
This is the first year I'm actually participating. It'll be interesting to see if I can do the quantity instead of quality thing.

It's funny, I've found that I keep about 80% of what I write during Nano.  Because I'm not so focused every single word I write, I'm much less likely to have a creative block and get frustrated.

Yarnspinner

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2013, 12:40:21 PM »
I'll be adding the rest of your tonight.  It'll be nice to know there's a support group.  I'm hoping to get the quantity thing accomplished myself, with an eye toward polishing the mess up later and maybe trying to get published at Amazon.  (That's the goal, anyway...)

Cheers, everyone!